John Morrison

Has anyone bought from cheapyeast.com.au?

1 minute ago, Alex CheapYeast said:

I had 100 sachets, though they would last like a week or so. In less than two hours all gone 😳 Guys from Home Brewing Australia group bought all of it and asked for more. Maybe some ppl don't know yeast can be reused? 🤔😁

Anyway I put another order for a bigger batch. I hope I'll have it by Monday. I'll update it here when a new batch is available.

Those b@stards. Ha ha ha keep us posted. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alex CheapYeast said:

Lallemand Voss is back in stock. Winequip did a great job processing my urgent order yesterday :))

Awesome, just ordered 4 😀

• Like 1

I was having a hard time locating Lallemand Munich Classic yeast. None of my LHBSs had it and I was staring down the barrel of spending $10 delivery for a $6 yeast. I remembered this thread and thought I'd give it a check. Not only did they have the Munich Classic, they also had every other yeast I needed so I ordered my mixed 7 sachets and they arrived within 3 days. Great service and I've got one of the Nottingham making my air lock sound like a tommy-gun currently.

• Like 7

Keen to have a crack at the Nottingham yeast as I’ve never used it, but heard nothing but good things about it 😃😃

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Keen to have a crack at the Nottingham yeast as I’ve never used it, but heard nothing but good things about it 😃😃

Well. Let me tell you. I had used US-05 as my go-to neutral pale ale yeast until I got fed up waiting for the krausens to drop and decided to try Nottingham. My experience so far has been excellent. I get lots of activity around 20 hours from pitch, even when pitch temp is 16 degrees, nice fluffy and consistent krausen, primary seems to go for about 6 days (which isn't an issue for me as I usually leave in primary for 2 weeks) and flocculates very well. No off flavours either, usually fermenting around 20-22 degrees. It would take a huge issue for me to go back to US-05.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cassius said:

Well. Let me tell you. I had used US-05 as my go-to neutral pale ale yeast until I got fed up waiting for the krausens to drop and decided to try Nottingham. My experience so far has been excellent. I get lots of activity around 20 hours from pitch, even when pitch temp is 16 degrees, nice fluffy and consistent krausen, primary seems to go for about 6 days (which isn't an issue for me as I usually leave in primary for 2 weeks) and flocculates very well. No off flavours either, usually fermenting around 20-22 degrees. It would take a huge issue for me to go back to US-05.

No doubt Nottingham is a beast.

That said though, I find it can strip hop & even some malt character from certain beer styles when used. So don't believe it is all giving across all styles of beer. Be mindful of that.

Reliable as heck though.

Just my 20 cents,

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

No doubt Nottingham is a beast.

That said though, I find it can strip hop & even some malt character from certain beer styles when used. So don't believe it is all giving across all styles of beer. Be mindful of that.

Reliable as heck though.

Just my 20 cents,

Lusty.

Yeah I used Nottingham a few times. I found US05 better for US styles and S04 for English styles so I couldn't really find a home for it. As you say lusty it was quick and reliable.

• Like 1

+1 for the last 2 posts. I never have an issue with US-05. The perpetual krausen is not a problem as a gentle rock of the fv breaks the surface tension allowing it to drop pretty soon after.

• Like 2