Coopers Community

Home Brew on Holidays

Beer Baron

I know Santa personally and he has told me that my family is getting a tent for Christmas so we can have more family time!! 

I will have very very limited room in the car to take all the camping equipment etc but I want to be able to take beer away with me. 

I was thinking about getting something like the attached picture and putting it in a small round esky so there is just enough room at add ice to keep it chilled. 

I thought I would use the picnic tap so it stays in the esky. An external tap might get bumped off or get warm if I’m in the sun. 

What does everyone think?? 

Are there any other ideas out there?? 

Thanks, Beer Baron!!

9D3EC758-7667-485A-B9B3-CE2365C8BDC8.jpeg

Just now, BeachBanjo said:

I had one of those picnic taps, but it broke pretty easily.  I use a pluto gun now and it is much better and doesn't drip anywhere nearly as bad as the picnic tap did.

Do you think 5L would be enough for a camping trip?

I only plan to go 3-4 days at a time so I will have a couple a day when the kids go to bed so that should be plenty 

22 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Here’s a novel idea, why not bottle some of a batch and put them in fridge or esky that you’ll take for food.......

I thought about that but how cool is drinking from a keg while on holidays!! 

And also the esky isn’t really big so I would always have to rotate bottles in and out to chill. 

23 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I can also take it to friends houses for BBQs and poker nights. I don’t want to drink the crap they drink so I see it as an investment!! 

BB

I told my wife about these little kegs that I can take with me to parties etc........... she called me a w@nker, turned around and walked away. Ha ha ha 

Archived