Coopers Community

LG Beer Bot

Beerlust

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

drop a capsule in and in 2 weeks you get a gallon of beer. Cool, if you are just wanting the final product and dont care about the who, what and why of the process. What if the beer sucks? How do you troubleshoot? Do you blame it on a bad capsule or is it the brewing process...which you had no part of? You see, how do you know which tweaks to make to fit your tastes? I started brewing because I wanted to drink beer I liked for a reasonable price...beer I liked not just what was given to me. I want to see what happens if I do something not drop in a capsule and drink whatever in 2 weeks.

Oh well each to their own.

1 hour ago, Titan said:

A gallon of beer? Ffs how big is capsule?

Looks like this shows the size of the capsule: https://www.slashgear.com/lg-homebrew-capsule-based-system-to-make-beer-lovers-dreams-come-true-10557552/

Seems a bit restrictive, once you drink that gallon I guess you have to wait another 2 weeks before you can have more?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 1:42 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

You're only using a glorified BIAB set up anyway Hairy 😜

Correct.

On 12/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, Hairy said:

I see a place for it. I think it will allow all those BIABers to start making decent beer 😜

Ever since Hairy got that Grainfather he's been such a pompous arse! 😜

It came with an immersion chiller & he still no-chills!  Like WTF??? 🤣

Cracks me up.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Having an immersion chiller doesn't take away from the convenience of no chilling Lusty. I like it personally because I don't have to time yeast starters to be ready on brew days or vice versa. Brew when you can, ferment at leisure.  I will be incorporating pool chilling into my process as of next brew though. I like to think of it as a giant immersion chiller, I mean the cube is immersed in water after all 😜😂

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Having an immersion chiller doesn't take away from the convenience of no chilling Lusty. I like it personally because I don't have to time yeast starters to be ready on brew days or vice versa. Brew when you can, ferment at leisure.  I will be incorporating pool chilling into my process as of next brew though. I like to think of it as a giant immersion chiller, I mean the cube is immersed in water after all 😜😂

Gday Otto

can you just put your yeast starter in the fridge and pitch it when you need to?

Archived