Coopers Community

Gas Bottle Down ! #$%^

Guvna

Full CO2 bottle gone in 2 days. 

Came home yesterday to find all gauges on '0' and no pressure in keg.  bugger.

Looks like I didn't fully tighten the posts (my bad) in and out as they were able to be further tightened.

Hoping that solves it otherwise 2nd bottle will be empty when i get home tonight.

Guv

Sorry to hear that Guvna. 😢

When you hook your next gas bottle up before turning it on, make yourself up a spray bottle with a mix of regular detergent & water. Turn the gas bottle on & spray every connection or fitting from the gas bottle out. Your regulator connections, keg posts, gas-out connectors, beer-out connectors, & any manifolds where connections are. Everything.

Any leaks will bubble from those problem areas once sprayed.

This is a practice everyone with a home BBQ should do too.

Best of luck sorting it out.

Lusty.

9 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Sorry to hear that Guvna. 😢

When you hook your next gas bottle up before turning it on, make yourself up a spray bottle with a mix of regular detergent & water. Turn the gas bottle on & spray every connection or fitting from the gas bottle out. Your regulator connections, keg posts, gas-out connectors, beer-out connectors, & any manifolds where connections are. Everything.

Any leaks will bubble from those problem areas once sprayed.

This is a practice everyone with a home BBQ should do too.

Best of luck sorting it out.

Lusty.

Thanks Lusty, When I hooked this latest keg up I thought I had done this as per usual practice.  (Although empty bottle would suggest not!)

Be just my luck to have a hard to find gremlin. i.e bad keg weld or similar

Guvna

Not necessarily. If the leak is in a spot between the keg and a non return valve (such as a disconnect), once the cylinder emptied the pressure in the keg would simply escape through the same leak. Check everything. 

I probably wouldn't worry about beer out disconnects though, if they were leaking you'd see beer dribbling out. The posts themselves though definitely check.

Co2 bottle No2 has stabalized the crisis!  

tightening of both keg posts may helped 🙄.  

alert level remains on 'high', ...whilst refill $ value  has plumeted ... *lesson learned

(    *subject to beer consumed when kegging...........lol   )

Guvna

Archived