Coopers Community

Cerveza Toucan questions

grogdog

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rowbrew said:

Woah! A 3 can? The bitterness will surely blow your head off, won't it? Good luck with the brew, and if you survive i would love to hear how it tastes

Dont think 3 would be unmanageable, up the volume and balance with hops. 

The 3 kits to a volume 23 litres will give you an OG of around 1.050ish and 72 IBU before fermentation. If it strips say 20% of IBUs that leaves 57 IBU. You would need to really watch your extra hop additions and maybe up the OG a little bit

Well it depends on the kits used. 3 cerveza kits would probably be about 60 IBUs. I'm only guessing that though.  

Move went smoothly, now just grabbing the smaller stuff over the week and probably the weekend as well. But enjoying living here far more than the old place. The house was ok, just the location sucked.  

The citra mexican toucan turned out alright, not a skerrick of phenol/yeast/ester.. Only kegged for a couple days and good for the hot weather. Yesterday was orangey, today more mango. Keg hopped with another 50g of citra. Cheers and merry xmas wonderful ppl.

IMG20181225165242.jpg

edit; should say being a single hop its one dimensional in that regard without the layering of other hops. This could/should be my last kit brew but famous last words because kits are just so damn fun,, however the goal is great beer, by any means necessary, so we'll see👽

Archived