Coopers Community

Cold Crashing Questions

wazznotwazz

7 minutes ago, wazznotwazz said:

Well played Greeny.

Sounds like you got 4 out 5 there.

If you had a bar fridge with a freezer, for the hops, I guess you couldn’t fit the kegs upright like that. Are you going to fit a temp controller as well?

The hunt for me is on.

BTW,  my cold crash fridge got down to 3 degrees. Hadn’t been used for 2 years, guess it needed some re-acclimatisation time. Probably helped to stop opening it too 😏.

Yeah. Well the priority was to fit kegs first and foremost. No thought to a freezer. Its gonna be put to the test this weekend. Have a lager cold crashing which i will keep in the fridge for 3 or 4 weeks. I think im set forever now.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:10 PM, Greeny1525229549 said:

I think im set forever now.

Get real.  You have been on the forum much longer than me and I can see that this is still early days for you.  This is just your first dedicated fridge.  Could use SWMBO's response to work on a freezer for your hops and other frozen ingredients.

Great work on the sell job, though.

Respect!

7 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Get real.  You have been on the forum much longer than me and I can see that this is still early days for you.  This is just your first dedicated fridge.  Could use SWMBO's response to work on a freezer for your hops and other frozen ingredients.

Great work on the sell job, though.

Respect!

Nah 3rd dedicated fridge mate. Fermentation fridge. Kegorator and now keg conditioner. I dont think im in need of any more fridges. Going from a robobrew to a 2V or 3V system is probably the next one. My fermentation fridge can fit two fermenters at once. 

Ive crashed my last couple of brews without hooking the fridge up to the itc308. I'm getting it down to 1.2c, it fluctuates a little from .9 to 1.5c .  Might just be a misconception but when using the itc308 set to 2c it never gets down under 3c? seems to bother the fridge?

is the fluctuation bad?  i think not but not enough learnings to be sure yet.

thoughts?

regards

Guvna

Archived