Coopers Community

30+ years of Cooper's!

paconlacellars

As I completed entering the log of my latest batch of Cooper Dark Ale I noticed that this was batch #131.  I flipped back to my first Cooper's entry:  October 30, 1987.  Wow, over 31 years of brewing Cooper"s!!  I have brewed many different kit brands (including mashing my own) but have always returned to the best; over half of my recorded batches have been Cooper's - and with the exception of a few 'gift' kits, exclusively since 2003!!!

I find mashing my own better than kits. But Coopers kits are very good. I started on them like probably all of us on this forum did. They make decent enough beer that you don't have to move onto other methods if you don't feel like it. Probably a similar amount of batches in the 7 years I've been back at it. Did a couple of dozen or so back around 2000 as well. 

Probably still do 7 or 8 coopers kits a year. Mostly for the old man but also sometimes for myself especially if time poor and running low on stocks. If you do them right with good temp control and a few extras thrown in for a dry hop they make very good beer.

And yeah. 1987 and 131 brews. I think I was there after 3 years.

Archived