I have some malt and hops sitting do nothing

copper 1,5amber malt liquide

500gm dark malt powder

Hops  kent golding, Fuggerles, willamette,centennial

and a  mango jack M36 Liberty Bell yeast

what great bear can i make whit some of this to help use it up

do not like a to bitter a beer

Hi Dave

They would probably all go well together.  I am not sure of how to combine your hops though.  Goldings and Fuggles go together, but not sure how Williamette and Centennial might fit in.

Some recipes using some of the ingredients or where you could sub out recipe ingredients and sub in yours are:

Red Rattler Ale  Get the Pale Ale can, sub the LDM out for your DDM (Dark Dry Malt), omit or keep the Caramunich grains - Call it Dark Rattler Ale

Hop Gobbler  Get the English Bitter can, sub the LDM out for your DDM, omit the grains

Cascarillo Amber Ale  Drop one of the Amber cans (recipe calls for 2), sub in your DDM, sub your East Kent Golding and Fuggles for the Cascade and Amarillo - Call in Fuggings Amber Ale

The options are quite endless.  It would be good if there was some software where you could plug in your spare ingredients and it spits out great recipe ideas.

Cheers Shamus

On 11/23/2018 at 9:57 AM, davids47 said:

I have some malt and hops sitting do nothing

copper 1,5amber malt liquide

500gm dark malt powder

Hops  kent golding, Fuggerles, willamette,centennial

and a  mango jack M36 Liberty Bell yeast

what great bear can i make whit some of this to help use it up

do not like a to bitter a beer

English Brown Ale. Amber malt can with the dark malt. Use the mango (mangrove) yeast and dry hop after 3 days of active ferment with 25g of both fuggles and EKG. If you want to get into porter territory mash about 150g of chocolate malt. Switch some of those hops for the boil. So 12g of each for the boil and 12g for dry hopping.

22 hours ago, James of Bayswater said:

Hoo aboot a 'Wee Heavy' ?  

https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/scotch-ale.html

Sub a Cereveza for the Sparkling, use all the Amber and all the Dry Dark Malt, leave out the Brown Sugar, hop with Fuggles and EKG and you'll be close to style... but don't blame me.  😇

Archived