Coopers Community

Recipe for first AG brew in Robobrew

mmm beer!

Hi brewers

I've just ordered a Gen 3 Robobrew and I'm after a tried and true recipe to use for my first brew.

I've brewed for about 10 years with extract but have been keen to learn more about the AG process, so here goes..

I like hoppy IPA's or Pale Ales, so a recipe or two in either of those styles would be appreciated.  In my kit right now I have the following hops- 100g cascade, 100 amarillo and 150 centennial

I'm a bit excited to take the next step! Thanks in advance

Check out the brew day thread. Heaps on there. If you have software? That’s an easy way to make sure your recipe will work on your system.

i know a few guys that have the robobrew that use the grainfather app and say it works for them. 

Id hate to mention one person that brews well or better still consistently, but I’m sure if you’ll see a trend in that thread. 

I’d suggest starting simple and then adjusting to your system as you grow to learn it. 

Sorry not a recipe or real suggestion. 

Captain

• 2 weeks later...

This will give you a nice beer.

3.5kg pale malt

250gm munich malt

250gm light crystal

Id use the cascade at a 60 min boil to get about 20 IBU. 

15gm each of all your hops at 5 mins

15gm each of all at flame out with a 15 min steep before quick chill or no chill

15 gram each dry hop when the brew stops fermenting.

Nice easy pale ale of about 4.5%abv for around high 30s early 40s IBU for 23L right there.

As captain said software is good especially if your doing all grain. It will help you with recipe creation and also dialing in your system to get better results. Beersmith is a good program that i can recommend.

Archived