Coopers Community

Advent Calander

supernerdy

I had the bridge road & friends advent case. Was all quite good. Loved the chevalier saison, the hop nation mango gose and the unicorn ice cream ale was quite good. Finishing off tomorrow (one day late) with the fat bloke red suit big sack...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed both the Young Henry's and the WotW Pils. Probably because of the hours I spent in the garden the last few days landscaping, planting, setting up irrigation etc. 

My wife is a genius. She just has the idea for what she wants done, then buys the plants and tells me that now the whole job has to be done quickly or they'll get rootbound and die.

Cheers, 

John

10 hours ago, Popo said:

Great name haha

Unlike the Beer Cartel Christmas Beer name. Any name that needs an explanation on the back is not a worthy winner. "Wassail?" Give me a break. Plenty of other names in the Beer Cartel naming competition were far more creative than "Wassail".

Beer was ok, not the style we needed on a 30C Christmas day. Wrong hemisphere Beer Cartel

12 minutes ago, joolbag said:

Unlike the Beer Cartel Christmas Beer name. Any name that needs an explanation on the back is not a worthy winner. "Wassail?" Give me a break. Plenty of other names in the Beer Cartel naming competition were far more creative than "Wassail".

Beer was ok, not the style we needed on a 30C Christmas day. Wrong hemisphere Beer Cartel

I had the same verdict on the beer itself but I really liked the name. It made me google it and learn a little more about the history of beer.

• 1 month later...

I've had BoozeBud calendars the last 2 years. A lot of nice beers but two things stood out:

1. Too many IPAs for my liking. There is nothing wrong with IPAs in general but where ever you go it's IPA, IPA and more IPA. There are so many nice brews out there. 

2. There are very few QLD beers present. In Brissy alone, there are so many great breweries (yes, there is more than just Newstead). Balistic made this brilliant Mexican Stout with a hint of Chilli for a nice throat tickle, Aether's Black as your Heart dark IPA (here it is again) or White Lies' Hazy Craze or Bust-a-Nut brown ale, just to name a few. 

Well, one is hoping...

9 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

The Beer Cartel one had a much better mix of styles by the look of it. I'll be travelling next Christmas so will give the advent calendar a miss. See what the year after that holds! 

Do they give each other much in terms of price? Not that I care too much as the last two were b'day pressies 🙂

The Boozebud one is cheaper.  I paid $120 for the Beer Cartel one, which is good value for 25 beers.  Boozebud I only bought in mid-December because they had some mad crazy sale on and I think it was 30% off, so I paid $70 for the case.  Can't argue with that price for the quality of beers, even if they were mostly IPAs!  Some great beers in there and stuff I would normally not buy, so a win for me.  Also got me hooked on my sour brewing addiction that has hit of late, so can thank the advent calendars for that.

@porschemad911, depends when you are away and will get back.  you could hold off and find that the beer cartel (or boozebud) is on mega sale at the mid or end of December and pick yourself up a bargain.  Most are canned and stored pretty well, so should still be quite fresh.  Certainly fresher than Uncle Dans!

• 1 month later...

Archived