Coopers Community

Advent Calander

supernerdy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit late to the party, but I've got a Boozebud calendar too and it's been fun comparing with friends.

The Bent Spoke IPA is probably my favourite so far, but that XPA was really, really nice as well. A friend actually got that one on day 2 for some reason so he ended up with two of that one ... go figure

12 hours ago, Hairy said:

Day 9

Yep, pretty ordinary... Honestly I'm not a big fan of Capital Brewing unfortunately. Visited their taproom and tried everything earlier this year, but not in a rush to go back. Just enjoyed the beer I had at home more. Although I had brewed up a storm for my brother-in-law's visit so I did have a lot of nice beer at home at the time. 

12 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

Yep, pretty ordinary... Honestly I'm not a big fan of Capital Brewing unfortunately. Visited their taproom and tried everything earlier this year, but not in a rush to go back. Just enjoyed the beer I had at home more. Although I had brewed up a storm for my brother-in-law's visit so I did have a lot of nice beer at home at the time. 

I enjoyed their Evil Eye Red IPA but don’t remember the other beers of theirs I have tried.

I bought the Beer Cartel calendar and couldn't resist the boozebud one at 30% off so have that too! I drank the PL unfazed by the haze and I really e joyed the mouthfeel and juiciness. Possibly from the oats but likely to equally be the yeast. I am going to brew a NEIPA at one stage and will definitely track down the right yeast and not just throw US-05 at it.

It is supposed to be clear according to the media release but it looked as hazy as any other NEIPA I've had. Well not like breakfast juice but certainly hazy! Enjoyable beer and I get to pick my way through the other 10 days of the boozebud calendar. What a time to be alive!

Archived