Coopers Community

Advent Calander

supernerdy

Sooo i bit the bullet and got a boozebud calendar. Has anyone had one before ?

My justification was that I am enjoying my beer like wine... If I am to brew what I like as a hobby fort myself I need to try various tastes and styles and learn the differences so figured a 25 surprise case will be good. (plus got 15% off). Anyone know what was in last years ?  Will post photos here daily and my thoughts of them when I get it next week.. just will take self control to not open before December and only have one a day

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to justify it.

I had the Boozebud one two years ago but last year tried the Beer Cartel version. Both a good but the Beer Cartel had a lot more beer that I hadn’t tried before.

I bought the Beer Cartel one this year too.

If anyone wants the boozebud calendar message me. I have what I think is a $25 off code which I cant use. I'll keep this thread for daily photos and reviews ? Opened the first two days yesterday as curiosity killed the cat and I am impressed. Will drink them come December though.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:37 AM, Cerveja said:

For those living in the enlightened states Aldi have one arriving next Wednesday. I cheated and had a peak at the included brews. Probably worth a stab.

Picked up the Aldi Advent slab tonight.  Have not had a peak yet.  Two weeks to go before I can start.

My calendar from Beer Cartel arrived a week or so ago. I enjoyed most of the beers in it and thought it was a good way to try some new beers especially considering what is easily available where i live.

I hadn't noticed the "expert" option until after my regular one arrived. I was a bit dirty at first but I don't think I could have forked out that much anyway. Maybe next year. Really looking forward to this one though.

The Boozebud one looks like a great deal!

3 hours ago, supernerdy said:

Day number 2.

I am a big fan of Ben, his brewery and his beers, but I just didn't really get the orange much in this one. And yes, very dark for an IPA. 

Tell you what though, his Hop Rain IPA is one of the best beers I've had this year. Again, a fair bit of spec malt, so not quite a typical IPA, but a beautiful jaffa flavour.

And I did used to hold Little Bling up as the best mid strength IPA around, but tasting PL Throwback again recently, that might pip it actually. Again, the Little Bling is on the darker side. I wouldn't actually buy a case of PL over it though, prefer to support Ben's business. 

Cheers, 

John 

4 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

I am a big fan of Ben, his brewery and his beers, but I just didn't really get the orange much in this one. And yes, very dark for an IPA. 

I'm only comparing to the prancing pony hopwork orange so this had loads of orange flavour compared to almost zero with the prancing pony 🙂

Just now, supernerdy said:

I'm only comparing to the prancing pony hopwork orange so this had loads of orange flavour compared to almost zero with the prancing pony 🙂

Yes, I had the Prancing Pony beer a while back and wasn't overly impressed with it either. This was definitely better. 

Archived