Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

yeah NEIPA's dont generally have bittering hops as the bulk are added at flameout. i was a big fan of this when they used to release it in bars and was on tap. Then they got taken over by coca cola and the last few cans i have had, i swear i could taste extract twang 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've been thinking about this in terms of the acquisitions over the last few years. 

Maybe quality goes up in a measurable sense (and in terms of consistency), but the intensity and rawness that can be so appealing goes down.

As distribution gets wider, freshness is likely to suffer too. Something like a NEIPA is not great for distributing around the country.

I remember buying the freshest case of Pale Ale I could find in my local DM's once - was a Hawthorn pale bottled 4 weeks ago. It took me a month to drink it and the change in flavour in those four weeks was very noticeable. It's not a heavily hopped beer to start with, but the aromatics were pretty good at first and the level came down pretty quickly.

I reckon, if you've got a local brewery around the corner, stop by there. If not, brewing your own is the safest bet! At least that's where I'm at, and I don't have a brewery around the corner. 

Cheers, 

John 

• Like 3

I was impressed with the pan head ale I tried. Was disappointed to read they are owned by a bigger brewing conglomerate, but they have certainly brewed a decent beer at the right price point to break into and steal marketshare from the independents.

Expect to see more of this (and it seems to be happening with a few new releases)

Haven't got any pictures of the beer in the glass but recently tried the Dark lager, Pilsner, Witbier and the Red ale these guys have to offer over in Vietnam and have to say they actually make a decent beer. Was a nice change from the 60c cheap and nasty lagers they sell everywhere there. Been to nearly ten different countries this year and have to say this was one of the only places to get a decent beer out of all of them!

http://www.louisianebrewhouse.com.vn/

• Like 2

I've been quiet lately mostly as iv not been buying beer but now the home brew is running low (another in the fermenter now.) Today I got myself a 6 pack of the Pilsner. Not really a fan but im also not a fan on prancing pony.. except their XPA

IMG_20190518_145159.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:33 PM, Beer Baron said:

I wouldn’t pay $30 for a pint unless it changed me into the worlds sexiest man

Classic Line The Baron!

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 2

My wife bought a sixer of these home on the weekend. I just had one and it's amazeballs.

Super hop flavoured and after bittering my own brew with some particularly pungent Columbus earlier today, it was exactly what my senses were after.

IMG_20190521_195639.thumb.jpg.34fd0157cefc8a4b042d148ea71c061f.jpg

Defs recommend and I just found out they're in Keilor VIC which is literally 10mins away. Gonna go hit up the taproom. 

• Like 1

I had a couple with some workmates last night. Got stuck into the Young Henry's "Motorcycle Oil" Hoppy Porter. Was bloody delicious. Would love to try and replicate the recipe. 

5.5% ABV, 37 IBU

Had 6 pints, bit dusty this morning...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Had so much rain up here this year, it was nice to have a Saturday afternoon/evening outdoors.

I buy a carton of ESVA every year, and a sixer or two gets stashed away for future enjoyment. I thought I might reacquaint myself with last year's batch in honour of the fact that the 2019 release shouldn't be too far away. 🙂

esva2019_fire.thumb.jpg.88911a84ca2365e76921c59c2fac470d.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Instigator said:

Had so much rain up here this year, it was nice to have a Saturday afternoon/evening outdoors.

I buy a carton of ESVA every year, and a sixer or two gets stashed away for future enjoyment. I thought I might reacquaint myself with last year's batch in honour of the fact that the 2019 release shouldn't be too far away. 🙂

esva2019_fire.thumb.jpg.88911a84ca2365e76921c59c2fac470d.jpg

Nice setup you got going there!! 

I live on the coast but we haven’t had rain for 21 days. I wouldn’t mind a bit

• Like 1