Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Hope Brewery - Sunny Boy Sour

As soon as I saw the name I became nostalgic for primary school lunch order days.

Strong orange juice aroma, with a floral tang I sometimes associate with sour beers.

Orange and lemon juice flavour.  And a sourness like lemon juice.  The sourness lingers for ages.

Anybody who likes sour beers will love this one.  I love this one.

IMG_2597.JPG.f1eb025bd6be47d365908bc3770e7eb8.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hope Brewery - Sunny Boy Sour

Anybody who likes sour beers will love this one.  I love this one.

I absolutely love this one. Hope do some pretty good imperial sours too. Not everyone's cup of tea but more for me.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe"

Which one will it be first ?  Probably doesn't matter really as I know I can't stop at one !!

20211003_131444.thumb.jpg.0f0e218037102c49085ef0e625a3f05f.jpg

mol610_lrg-550x550-600x600.jpg

3 of my favourite beers right there. Just add in the Weinstephaner Pilsner.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

3 of my favourite beers right there. Just add in the Weinstephaner Pilsner.

I agree but these are always on special at Thirsty Camel ( Highway Hotel ) 3 for $17.00 + Free glass ( 3 types ) I don't mind the Pils either. There are quite a few in the range but they seem to stock usually 5-6 0f them.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

You inspired me @Classic Brewing Co so I just grabbed 4 of these for 28 bucks. Not the value you have but that's what you get in Whyalla. Nice drop on brew day.

Jeez, I can't believe the price but I suppose that's Whyalla ( they normally blame freight ) but the difference is 3 @ $17.00 = $5.67 as opposed to 4 @ $7.00 plus I get a free glass. Either way it is still a nice drop.

Cheers.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Brewboy Pollen Pincher, Honey Beer.

Another S.A. brewery. It's bordering on a sour, if not a sour. But I like this. It does resemble honey and very quaffable. 7 out of 10.

I have tried a few of theirs but not that one, the last Honey Beer I tried was at Grumpy's - Verdun, it was called Bee Sting, two sweet for my tastes but that one sounds alright. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have tried a few of theirs but not that one, the last Honey Beer I tried was at Grumpy's - Verdun, it was called Bee Sting, two sweet for my tastes but that one sounds alright. 

Oh dont get me started on Grumpys. Until the place burnt down me and Mrs visited as often as we could. 

We still talk to Andrew Schultz to this day ( owner ). His pizzas were to die for. My favourite beer was Rogers Reserve IPA. I actually met the Roger the beer was named after. I miss that place so much. 

I'm pretty sure Andrews Honey beer was called Buzz Beer. I loved it, but all of them were good.

Edited by Pale Man

14 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Oh dont get me started on Grumpys. Until the place burnt down me and Mrs visited as often as we could. 

We still talk to Andrew Schultz to this day ( owner ). His pizzas were to die for. My favourite beer was Rogers Reserve IPA. I actually met the Roger the beer was named after. I miss that place so much. 

I'm pretty sure Andrews Honey beer was called Buzz Beer. I loved it, but all of them were good.

Yeah I knew Andrew, good bloke & as you say his pizzas were great, it was always a place to go just far enough out of the way to be different, we had a many Friday/Weekend sessions there after touring the Adelaide Hills.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah I knew Andrew, good bloke & as you say his pizzas were great, it was always a place to go just far enough out of the way to be different, we had a many Friday/Weekend sessions there after touring the Adelaide Hills.

Hey @Pale Man  You may find this interesting, Cheers.

https://indaily.com.au/eat-drink-explore/the-forager/2021/08/18/adelaide-hills-cheesemaker-udder-delights-to-launch-2-5-million-microbrewery/

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 7:36 PM, Popo said:

This one was a gift last Christmas. It's been sitting in the fridge waiting for a special reason to open it. I figure the birth of my son the other day is a pretty good reason. Cheers!

Congratulations to Mrs Popo and also you of course ha ha.  Arh those sleepless nights all come back to haunt me.

Good luck with the new bub.  Hope you have been blessed with a good-en.  😴

Temple Brewing - Last Tram to Brunswick DDH NEIPA

Sitting at the computer keyboard I can smell the tropical pineapple and apricot from a foot away.

First sip is fully bitter.  Not a fruit bomb as such.  Definitely a beer rather than a fruit juice.  Mellows to a malty smoothness.  After a few sips the taste-buds become accustomed to the bitterness.  It just tastes gooood.

IMG_2601.JPG.3760e6215a0ff85346c4b202dae1dc09.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1