Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am surprised about that, it used to be called Session Ale I think but the ABV is 4.2.

Are you in a remote area?

no, in brisvegas. Can get the XPA from time to time, I have been searching for the blue can for a while now. Green cans, stout and mild and sparkling ale no problem. I thought it may have been a seasonal release.

Edited by Cheap Charlie
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

no, in brisvegas. Can get the XPA from time to time, I have been searching for the blue can for a while now. Green cans, stout and mild and sparkling ale no problem. I thought it may have been a seasonal release.

You may have to ask your local bottl'o to get some in. It's not as full on as the XPA but it's damn nice.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You may have to ask your local bottl'o to get some in. It's not as full on as the XPA but it's damn nice.

None around within 200km. I reckon my best bet would be to call coopers themselves and ask why. Maybe they are strategically keeping it for the Adelaide market :D. I will keep a look out for it, but at this stage it looks like I will be brewing my own 👍🏻

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A quick visit to Thirsty Camel for some back up beer until the 2 latest kegging's, 8 for $20.00 of the same or you can nix & match.

Both great beers.

20230124_143750.thumb.jpg.fdbace2de7defb04b6f619e737110fef.jpg

What an awesome looking bar runner in the background Phil hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Black Princess is a Brewery in Petropolis in the hills north of Rio, producing beautiful crafted beers. „Back to the Red“ is a red ale in the Vienna Lager style, 5.5% of fullbodied deliciousness. Going really nicely with the charred Vegies from the charcoal bbq..As you may see also went through the keg of Heineken as well, it was surprisingly nice.

74866096-787B-4BCA-90C8-A0E03ADF315A.jpeg

E3A6BBFE-AA97-4A99-8AA8-E0249DB72C73.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Black Princess is a Brewery in Petropolis in the hills north of Rio, producing beautiful crafted beers. „Back to the Red“ is a red ale in the Vienna Lager style, 5.5% of fullbodied deliciousness. Going really nicely with the charred Vegies from the charcoal bbq..As you may see also went through the keg of Heineken as well, it was surprisingly nice.

You have been to some fantastic places BF & posted some great photos, some of those beers look awesome. Well done.

• Like 2

After shopping I called into the local for a couple of the monthly specials, today SA Pints of Carlton Draught for $5.50, the 2 Coopers tap decals show Coopers Mild Ale 3.5% for $8.50 & the Stout for $10.50 - bugger that.

They also have Pale Ale on another tap bank & they are $9.50.

That is one of the reasons I don't go to the Pub much these days.

20230125_133959.thumb.jpg.60425f4985eb5723f39d52164ce366be.jpg

• Like 4

Two days holiday in Gulgong NSW; holed up in the Prince of Wales Hotel.  My drink on the left is a Young Henrys Hazy Pale Ale, which the Young Henrys website says is brewed with Topaz, Mosaic, Idaho-7, Calypso Hops, and  has a "pungent bouquet of tropical stone fruit and citrus wafts through the air, making way for a pillowy, perfectly balanced mouthfeel and flavour." Before I read this I thought it tasted fruity but not sweet, with a pineapple taste. I liked it. My husband's drink on the right is a VB.

Young Henrys Hazy Pale Ale (2).jpg

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Two days holiday in Gulgong NSW; holed up in the Prince of Wales Hotel.  My drink on the left is a Young Henrys Hazy Pale Ale, which the Young Henrys website says is brewed with Topaz, Mosaic, Idaho-7, Calypso Hops, and  has a "pungent bouquet of tropical stone fruit and citrus wafts through the air, making way for a pillowy, perfectly balanced mouthfeel and flavour." Before I read this I thought it tasted fruity but not sweet, with a pineapple taste. I liked it. My husband's drink on the right is a VB.

Your choice was excellent @jennyss but I won't comment on the other as everybody already knows what I would say. 😬

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 1