Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Pirate Life South Coast Pale Ale

I like this beer, Cashmere, Taiheke & Wai-iti hops. 
‘Nice yellow colour, malty, cloudy.

9/10 

B45A3DAB-D0FD-4AC7-9614-9FD52507F71F.jpeg

I have had most of their range, they make some pretty good beers. 

I have been to their headquarters in Port Adelaide, they have opened in the city as well as Perth, you can even get a haircut there!

https://piratelife.com.au/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, fair enough, all of these currency conversions can be confusing, well, to me anyway.

For sure. @stquinto pays a load more for steak than we do, but what is his income?????

Not that I am asking you @stquinto but it is relevant.
this is from the ABS for Australia..

Estimates for average weekly ordinary time earnings for full-time adults (seasonally adjusted):

• Increased by 1.9% to $1,769.80 annually to May 2022.
  • For males were $2,075.30 (public), and $1,835.60 (private).
  • For females were $1,821.30 (public), and $1,523.60 (private).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beach_life said:

For sure. @stquinto pays a load more for steak than we do, but what is his income?????

Not that I am asking you @stquinto but it is relevant.
this is from the ABS for Australia..

Jeez, I was earning more than that when I was on the road full time working for myself. Some weeks a lot more especially in outback/remote areas.

• Like 1

A bit of a sitting tonight for myself, something out of the ordinary. I've tasted most of them before apart from this version of the Sludgebeast, I'm a huuuuuge fan of the original Sludgebeast but unfortunately I can't say I am of this version, to boozy tasting for me, I know the original is 12% but it hides it well, this Kentucky version doesn't in my opinion. I may be bias but my IPA outshines all of these beers 🍻 

20230115_190952.jpg

20230115_200123.jpg

20230115_205300.jpg

20230115_223535.jpg

20230115_180955.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Today is BBQ and tasting time. First up is a “Weisse” from Patagonia brewery. This beer is actually from Argentina and not a Berliner Weisse as I hoped, but a Belgian Witbeer. Nevertheless, thick and cloudy with a full mouthfeel, slightly bitter with hints of orange and coriander. My sister in law didn’t like it and my brother in law was too busy lightning the charcoal and doesn’t like anything different anyway, so more for me. Unfortunately it contains ascorbic acid as preservative, otherwise it would be a fantastic brew.

D6D1DD57-C79E-4636-B062-D68B178236ED.jpeg

E5492CAB-9EC1-48BA-BE55-005707E4E86B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Next up is a “Dortmund”, no not from Germany but from the town of Serra Negra in São Paulo State. This one is a Witbeer, not as thick and hazy as the Patagonia but full of subtle orange and coriander flavour. Bit stronger in alcohol and the bottle is bigger. Great beer but 27 real ($7.60) is quiet expensive for Brazilians. 9/10

FAD531AD-C94D-4235-9EBA-0B4C1DA44F79.jpeg

B2043117-D97D-4FF0-8818-FFF61547AEB5.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

A bit of a sitting tonight for myself, something out of the ordinary. I've tasted most of them before apart from this version of the Sludgebeast, I'm a huuuuuge fan of the original Sludgebeast but unfortunately I can't say I am of this version, to boozy tasting for me, I know the original is 12% but it hides it well, this Kentucky version doesn't in my opinion. I may be bias but my IPA outshines all of these beers

I like the Weihenstephaner range & the Double Stout but haven't tried some of those.

• Like 3