Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

CRONY PALE ALE

Another one distributed through BWS by Pinnacle Drinks, I didn't bother to try & find too much info on it, apparently it is brewed in Victoria & distributed through Pinnacle in NSW.

I only paid $12.00 for the 4-x pack so that's OK. I certainly wouldn't buy it for the full price of $21.00.

It is OK but lacks body & hop flavour.

20230113_171153.thumb.jpg.d79ea233591a921bdb5d322aae5533e1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2023 at 1:37 PM, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Ha, ha, that’s the famous „dental floss“, regardless of age or shape they wear it. You have a sharp eye @Malter White😂😂

Malter’s Eagle Eye misses nothing- he identified an Ibiza t-shirt at Octoberfest piccy when there were, how shall I put it? more interesting things to see 😆

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Special today in my wholesaler - about AU$70 for the slab. Not bad since it’s come so far 👍

87B8B2C7-E3F6-4F4F-A5BE-DCDDE83E907F.thumb.jpeg.d88570bb46dac55bfc5e6346a6fa58cb.jpeg

Being exported, I wonder if it's taxed the same way by the Australian govt as Australian sold beer and that's why it's price is reasonable? 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Being exported, I wonder if it's taxed the same way by the Australian govt as Australian sold beer and that's why it's price is reasonable? 

Good point mate. They probably take the sales tax off for a start. Over here we have 7.8% sales tax (in neighbouring European Union countries they take 19 - 25% off yer, the scoundrels….)

Also here big stores might sell stuff relatively cheap to “get you in”. They certainly “got me in”, I spent a pretty shilling or two today, but I’ve got something to look forward to 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Wow, imagine the full retail, currently in Adelaide

Carton x 24 x 375 is $51.95 at Dan Murhpy's.

Carton x 24 x 375 is $53.00 at BWS 

Carton x 24 x 375 is $53.00 at Thirsty Camel

Well, I’m happy at $70 over here in Switzerland, that’s for sure

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Good point mate. They probably take the sales tax off for a start. Over here we have 7.8% sales tax (in neighbouring European Union countries they take 19 - 25% off yer, the scoundrels….)

Also here big stores might sell stuff relatively cheap to “get you in”. They certainly “got me in”, I spent a pretty shilling or two today, but I’ve got something to look forward to 😆

And do you know if you are taxed on alcohol content in Europe, Dave? We are in Australia, so higher ABV = more tax. That's why breweries over here are pumping out mid, low and no alcohol beer brands by the cart load. $$$

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

And do you know if you are taxed on alcohol content in Europe, Dave? We are in Australia, so higher ABV = more tax. That's why breweries over here are pumping out mid, low and no alcohol beer brands by the cart load. $$$

I don’t think there’s more tax on stronger beers that I’m aware of. On mainland Europe (as in not the UK and deffo not Scandanavia) they’re not too bad on tax in that respect.  But no doubt it’ll come 😳

• Like 2

After a beautiful day trip to Monte Sião in Minas Geraes ( sorry, no picks) and a few delicious pints of Heineken we went to Caio‘s “Java Smoker” to pick up some delectable smoked Angus Burgers for a late night snack.   https://instagram.com/javasmoker019?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=
Luckily we waited long enough to have 3 chopp of “Bierinbox’s” Pilsen, a little Brewery in Paulina (Campinas). Very nice Beer.

E6E870F0-F94B-4CBA-8450-151237DF220B.jpeg

EE1A1499-EAD2-449C-ADFD-5C79BF624110.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1