Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

8 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

@drewbert I did search high an low for spaten as per @Otto Von Blotto suggestion but couldn’t find it. I saw billboards and signage for it but alas it wasn’t available. Not that I was short of choice but woulda been nice to try it.

It's a bit bizarre but I guess there are so many good beers in Bayern and in Muenchen…  so you could easily go to quite a few good Wirtschafts and never see Spaten…  and then stroll into the next one and that is their main brew... When I was there last I tried to target places that served specific Breweries .e.g Augustiner… Hacker Pschorr or Paulaner… think that probably is what you have to do if you do want to slurp a specific brew... 

Fullers 1845 yesterday. What a big beer. Needed a lie down after this one, as I'd had a 740ml of my own stuff beforehand.

Cracked one of my Wee Heavy's (a bit early) this evening and stone me if it isn't right in this ball park. The Coopers Scotch recipe ale is an absolute beast of a beer. Too simple to be that good. Best kit beer I've done so far.

20190725_175632_resized.thumb.jpg.9111c4f44d364a6a304870dca52ebf99.jpg

Edited by Lab Rat
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

And tonight:

1798067830_MissPinky.thumb.jpg.0d64a5f60442534c9d7245f5d7ca5ec8.jpg

Was nice and tangy.

I have had that a couple of times is nice that inspired me to do the raspberry brews I did I am going to do another  for summer American ale malt wheat and acidulated and 1.5kg raspberry one without oats and lactose one with

• Like 1

Grabbed a couple of single Pale Ales the other night.

One was the Pirate Life Pale Ale which I really enjoyed. I’ve had the Mosaic one in the past but this was just the normal APA.

What a great beer! Nice body and a good hoppiness courtesy of the 50IBUs but definitely not overpowering. Great malt character with some good sweetness from the crystal malts balanced the beer really well.

I was on a research mission so there will definitely be a small batch all grain APA hitting the craft fermenter soon! Probably throw the recipe up for comment tonight when I get home.

Tonight's was a beauty.  Fully lived up to the description:

Hails from the tradition of 18th Century IPAs, which relied on generous hopping to protect exports during arduous journeys. This modern incarnation retains the strength, body and strong hop character which is synonymous with this beer's provenance. A glorious showcase of the distinct, heavily hopped beers for which Shepherd Neame is famed, India Pale Ale delivers potent bitterness, offset with generous amounts of pale ale malt to deliver a balanced, yet uncompromising brew.

Smashing

36438935_ShepherdNeameFavershamIPA.png.44ada2d28a80dd7118bc54a31506d19a.png

• Like 3