Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

6 hours ago, Instigator said:

Must have been the day for having a Coopers. 👍

coopers_sessionale.thumb.jpg.d174398053e0f461e71377a7c7ffd4d2.jpg

I only tried this for the first time a few weeks ago in a pub. Decided to try it with a cleaner palate. I'm a bit on the fence with it. I like the bitterness and flavour, but the mouthfeel is a bit thin. Overall, I prefer Sparkling Ale and XPA.

When it first came out i didn't mind it but i bought a carton a few weeks ago (bottles) and i actually had to force myself to drink it. I found it had
Not much hop flavour at all and was quite thin compared to what i remember. On a better note, i tried the Coopers XPA on tap last weekend and
Can report back that i really enjoyed it 👍

• Like 3

On 7/13/2019 at 7:15 AM, Hoppy81 said:

bought a carton a few weeks ago (bottles) and i actually had to force myself to drink it.

I recommend the cans - they display much better hop character. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Its been a while and I'm lazy. Trying Ballast point fathom this weekend. Not bad.

I'd post more about beer and BBQ last week as i tried a lot but sadly enough the entire weekend is a blur and ended with me drunk as a skunk on a Ferris wheel

IMG_20190720_155302.jpg

IMG_20190720_155115.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Grabbed a few on the way home. Nice iipa. Little Bang have some great beers, I'll definitely have to check out there brewery/taproom soon. 

20190719_181304.jpgppper was recommended. if only I didn't have to drive home after work

Had a mate over to show him what homebrewing was all about. Had to have a few beers as well. 

This is our stash for the session...

Coopers sparkling

Mr banks mango sour

Mr banks kviek IPA

Rye IPA

Sassy IPA

Bridge road dark harvest

Bridge road posse brown ale

Choc mint milkshake IPA

Few stand out were the Mr banks kviek IPA...nice drop, well balanced... and the choc mint milkshake .. different, good finisher beer. Not something I'd ever have tried, but would again! Super weird, but well done!

IMG_20190721_181415.jpg

IMG_20190721_122735.jpg

IMG_20190721_174251.jpg

MVIMG_20190721_133457.jpg

IMG_20190721_125549.jpg

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:48 PM, MitchBastard said:

After 34hrs In transit, I thought it would be rude not to sample some of the German cuisine immediately. 

The krombacher pils has my top vote. 

D6724D86-EF17-42D0-8895-51185EB0C0C1.jpeg

Nice Mitch - but look at this bad boy HB HW off Coops Preachers.

Same glass... different feelings 😜

image.png.731f6d91a6aa1e19c0af171d57cf5c73.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:30 PM, drewbert said:

One of my faves. Love the shovel

Funny DB and Kelsey and @MitchBastard who did the trip... was there years ago and had a really bad night of it one night.... large volumes and..... ... think there was Schapps involved... too many durries... and since then whenever I saw Spaten .. all I could think of was being beaten over the head with a spade... Spaten auf Deutsch = Spade...

More recently a sample of it would suggest it is actually a slurpable beer...  😋

And on reconsideration.... suspect it is a reference to the Malt Shovel...

image.png.2677c997edf635067239bea4d4108606.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, MitchBastard said:

595D0E4E-732F-40BF-AEF8-55D0C1AD9D21.jpeg

Well MB - there are so many good things... but I reckon you got a good one to finish off... AGM Helles… a really good standard drop!

Luvyerwork!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Funny DB and Kelsey and @MitchBastard who did the trip... was there years ago and had a really bad night of it one night.... large volumes and..... ... think there was Schapps involved... too many durries... and since then whenever I saw Spaten .. all I could think of was being beaten over the head with a spade... Spaten auf Deutsch = Spade...

More recently a sample of it would suggest it is actually a slurpable beer...  😋

And on reconsideration.... suspect it is a reference to the Malt Shovel...

image.png.2677c997edf635067239bea4d4108606.png

A quick Wikipedia search does validate that it is the malt spade. 

Other interesting facts was that brewery is 622 years old. 

I went through a bit of a phase where if search high and low for the munchen and their Octoberfest beers. And to go in the other direction also hunt down chimay bottles. They were much harder to find. My boss at the time approved a trip from Macquarie Park to Leichhardt during work hours as they had the gift boxes with the three main variants plus a glass. I was crazy for it at the time.

Looked like a madman grabbing near 100 of these bottles that no one touched for ages I suspect...

• Haha 1