supernerdy

Todays tastings

I wouldn’t touch that Proper 12 shite cos of that massive gee bag that is McGregor. A vulgar and vile human 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

A vulgar and vile human 

Absolutely agree with ya there Niall. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

You must have a good job!!

I’ll often get asked to make some nice photographs for people. Sometimes overseas. Someone’s gotta do it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

I’ll often get asked to make some nice photographs for people. Sometimes overseas. Someone’s gotta do it. 

I challenge you to make me look good in a photo.

It is a challenge that you will definitely fail😂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I challenge you to make me look good in a photo.

It is a challenge that you will definitely fail😂

I’m pretty good.....

Made it to Berlin today. Couple of cheap long necks on the way to a place called hops n barley., a local “craft bar” they had a red ale, an ipa a IIPA, a bock and a few other things outside the realm of euro beer.  I tried their unfiltered house pils, pretty yummo. Starting feeling a bit crossed eyed after a couple so that’s a good sign too. 

74DFB6EC-3469-4104-9203-6AE6822BAA4A.jpeg

AD10686D-7519-4A04-9F10-B91061398965.jpeg

0C29F217-4BBB-4E7C-9512-45168247354F.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MitchBastard said:

I’m pretty good.....

You must be able to make miracles happen then😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Almost any beer is better than yank Budweiser 😂

I have some friends that drink Bud exclusively, and lots of it. I have had a few with them to be polite, but.. 😣

If you look at the Bud reviews on Dan Murphys, it looks like they have started making it in Oz under licence and the fans are up in arms. Truthfully, I'm not sure how they could have made it worse, but apparently they have.

6 minutes ago, Instigator said:

I have some friends that drink Bud exclusively, and lots of it. I have had a few with them to be polite, but.. 😣

If you look at the Bud reviews on Dan Murphys, it looks like they have started making it in Oz under licence and the fans are up in arms. Truthfully, I'm not sure how they could have made it worse, but apparently they have.

A bloke I work with drinks bud, well was drinking bud till he said it now tastes different and found out later it’s being brewed under license in Australia. 

49 minutes ago, Instigator said:

I guess they don't age it in beechwood barrels or whatever it is they do with it in America. 

My latest batch has only been in the bottle a week, so had a quick look at the offers on Uncle Dan's and did a cheeky click n collect on the way home from work, enjoying these tonight for hopefully a blues victory in the state of origin.  Quite easy drinking, good aroma and citrus notes. Would buy again. $19 a six pack on spesh.

20190710_170410.jpg

• Like 6

Far out...one of the best IPAs I’ve ever had. A Fuerst wiacek over the moon ipa. I could smell this thing from across the room. Was hazy as hell but wasn’t labelled as a neipa.... was everything I needed to start the afternoon. 

264B2D69-EE58-465D-850D-A60CAA13336C.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Far out...one of the best IPAs I’ve ever had. A Fuerst wiacek over the moon ipa. I could smell this thing from across the room. Was hazy as hell but wasn’t labelled as a neipa.... was everything I needed to start the afternoon. 

264B2D69-EE58-465D-850D-A60CAA13336C.jpeg

You sure it wasn't carbonated orange juice?

• Haha 1

Thought I'd give something different a crack...

Never had one...don't mind it! Seems to me not as "heavy" as the pale. Got a bit of a kick to it I think. Not too bad!

IMG_20190712_194903.jpg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Those red ones can certainly sneak up on you!

When I first started home brewing a mate and I tried to gather some long necks by drinking a few of these. It was a lesson quickly learned haha

Edited by Popo
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, RepSpec said:

Never had one

Best big name beer I have had,

• Like 1

Sparkling is my beer while I’m at work. Goes down a treat after a long day in the sun

11 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Sparkling is my beer while I’m at work.

Yep, it sucks being sober at work.

• Haha 6

Must have been the day for having a Coopers. 👍

coopers_sessionale.thumb.jpg.d174398053e0f461e71377a7c7ffd4d2.jpg

I only tried this for the first time a few weeks ago in a pub. Decided to try it with a cleaner palate. I'm a bit on the fence with it. I like the bitterness and flavour, but the mouthfeel is a bit thin. Overall, I prefer Sparkling Ale and XPA.

Just as an aside, I'm liking the new Coopers trade dress. The photoshopped picture at the top of the Dan Murphy's page is very enticing.

• Like 1