Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Orval to start with. I’m really getting to like this one. Apparently there’s a Europe-wide shortage on its way, I’ve ordered a slab until my own measly attempts are ready…

CC4B37F8-BF58-4079-A437-72877EDAD043.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Aldi having a splash in the low-alc Beer Market... had worse... bit of something interesting there... will see what the remaining 11 cans bring 😆

image.thumb.png.f38caf9ce72b69258f62878698e12eb2.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Aldi having a splash in the low-alc Beer Market... had worse... bit of something interesting there... will see what the remaining 11 cans bring 😆

Looks like beer, hope it tastes nice, I can't imagine you would get 'loaded' on that & start howling at the moon 🤣

• Haha 2

If you've ever made a bad brew that was barely drinkable but you gritted your teeth and drank it anyway it would still be better than this replica of Susan Boyle's v*g*nal discharge.

The only good thing about this 10.2%ABV beer is that my son paid for it in Sydney and we'll get 10c refund on the empty can in SA. Dreadful!

IMG_20220402_165445.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

5 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

If you've ever made a bad brew that was barely drinkable but you gritted your teeth and drank it anyway it would still be better than this replica of Susan Boyle's v*g*nal discharge.

The only good thing about this 10.2%ABV beer is that my son paid for it in Sydney and we'll get 10c refund on the empty can in SA. Dreadful!

Oh Dear, Muzzy that looks disgusting, it looks like the morning's orange juice is past it's use by date !!

How dare they call that a beer, I don't mind the odd sour but jeez that is the pits. 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Oh Dear, Muzzy that looks disgusting, it looks like the morning's orange juice is past it's use by date !!

How dare they call that a beer, I don't mind the odd sour but jeez that is the pits. 😬

It tastes worse than it looks, Phil.

• Haha 3

Local brew, not bad but not great either. I would rate it as 7/10. They say that it is big on hops, mmmmm, not as big as mine. I like to support a local craft brewery though.

1956e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It seems that I had lot's of hidden treasures in the back of the dungeon.

Coffee Infused Oatmeal Stout , Black Rock's Oatmeal Stout infused with a double Ristretto of Illy Coffee. 7 month in the bottle, it aged so beautifully

OCstout.thumb.JPG.83e02e7e5ecb92d5a49e287a3cd30aa2.JPG

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

This one nearly looks the same, but trust me, it's a different story. Last August I made two recipes of the Mr. Sinister Ale, one the original and in this one I used Morgans Dark Ale and Chocolate Malt instead.

Sinister Dark Chocolate Ale I've called it, with an ABV of 7.8 % it has quiet a kick to it. It's heavy, thick,  and tangy bitter chocolaty. It fills your mouth and hits you like a good glass of red wine. I don't wanna pride myself, but I give it 10 out of ten.

Great recipe, if you like heavy dark beers (with winter coming) I highly recommend the recipe. The original recipe is as good, less chocolaty, a bit more bitter due to the roasted malt, and mine has an ABV of 8.7 %. Do it know, because even after 5 weeks bottle priming it was only good, after 8 weeks it was so much better, and now......🍻

IMG_2003.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

This one nearly looks the same

Lovely work BF @Brauhaus Fritz

Mate not to be pedantic or in any way trying to be wavering from anything but positive as to your lovely brews...

But in general the general posting pattern is that this Thread - the Todays Tastings - is about SOB.... Someone Other's Beer... not your own made Beer... some other Beer that you might be sampling... tasting.... today. 

And the  What Are You Drinking in 2022?

is about your own magic brews....  that you have made yourself. 

Anyway no big deal and you can post whatever lovely brews in whatever thread really.... so whatever really : )

Brew up and Brew on : )

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Lovely work BF @Brauhaus Fritz

Mate not to be pedantic or in any way trying to be wavering from anything but positive as to your lovely brews...

But in general the general posting pattern is that this Thread - the Todays Tastings - is about SOB.... Someone Other's Beer... not your own made Beer... some other Beer that you might be sampling... tasting.... today. 

And the  What Are You Drinking in 2022?

is about your own magic brews....  that you have made yourself. 

Anyway no big deal and you can post whatever lovely brews in whatever thread really.... so whatever really : )

Brew up and Brew on : )

Sorry buddy, sometimes I get too excited and can’t find the right thread, will take more care

• Haha 4

On 4/2/2022 at 5:00 PM, MUZZY said:

Oh my!!! 🤮

• Haha 3

Red Chimay. I normally only for for the blue one, but I listened to a podcast and they went on about it being the original blah blah blah. I’m a sucker for that kind of sh*t…

Quite a nice change, not as powerful as the blue, and comes in at 7 %

61F827D2-FB8B-41B1-AF81-B811774BF82B.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Red Chimay. I normally only for for the blue one, but I listened to a podcast and they went on about it being the original blah blah blah. I’m a sucker for that kind of sh*t…

61F827D2-FB8B-41B1-AF81-B811774BF82B.jpeg

Lovely beer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Nice one squinta, bad luck it's only 7% 😃 Nice glass too, I must get some of those, I haven't really got many 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

JoeBrew Home Brew Supplies - LBOBETHAL SA

We went to the Adelaide Hills today to meet Joe from JoeBrew LHBS/Brewery/Tap Room, what a great bloke he insisted on a couple of free tasters & then I bought a couple more, really great set up & nice beer.

We will be returning again soon.

20220408_125614.jpg

20220408_125626.jpg

20220408_125654.jpg

Resized_20220408_125505(2).jpeg

• Like 14

On 4/8/2022 at 4:17 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

JoeBrew Home Brew Supplies - LBOBETHAL SA

We went to the Adelaide Hills today to meet Joe from JoeBrew LHBS/Brewery/Tap Room, what a great bloke he insisted on a couple of free tasters & then I bought a couple more, really great set up & nice beer.

We will be returning again soon.

20220408_125614.jpg

20220408_125626.jpg

20220408_125654.jpg

Resized_20220408_125505(2).jpeg

Classic I didn't realise it's also a tap room, thanks I'll visit soon. 

• Like 1