Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

A biggish beer for a school night. Apparently it is named after a movie.

I love Revenge of the Nerds!

DF22934B-73FA-4F8E-820F-C009593EADE0.thumb.jpeg.ef0e97314b420b9742d8e6f7382abba7.jpeg

Apparently Hairy wasn't lying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG6YbIj962A (some people have no shame)

...which once you're on YouTube inexplicably led me to this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wGR4-SeuJ0 😆

I am easily amused at times.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Haha 1

This weekends selection.  Rate all of them but the Modus Operandi Pale is probably the pick of the bunch. Currently drinking a Farmhouse Rye Pale from Left Barrell Brewing. Bottled up a batch of IPA this morning, can't wait until its ready cause these crafties are getting pricey! 

20190615_182649.jpg

• Like 2

Big win at hockey today. Buggered as, little appetite for beer so... Similar to Glenfiddich to my palate, but always way cheaper. Buy this one regularly. Bugger it, go a chaser with my Anarchy IPA.

glen.thumb.jpg.2afc9338f7cba8b4d80945073b502956.jpgipa.thumb.jpg.951dbd192caed6270754b88d3cc3255c.jpg

• Like 2

Got a gift of 2 of these from a mates old man who loves beer as much as I do. I give him some of my Hb often. 

Really great beer from a small brewery outside Glenrowan in Vic. Super easy to drink! Slight hoppyness to it. Great clarity to it!

IMG_20190616_142957.jpg

• Like 2

Feral Imperial East Coast IPA

basically an imperial NEIPA. 8%

NEIPA’s style means you don’t taste the alcohol.  But coming in at 8% you definitely do taste it.  A regular IIPA has that hit of bitterness to offset the alcohol but because of the style guidelines this just comes across confused. You get that Big malty hit , followed by the alcohol , then a big hit of fruit from the hops but no bitterness to balance all of the above. 

Overall not bad ,$26 for four cans. But definitely a case of the hype not living up to its expectations 

5F537463-E06A-4C76-8B7B-94046A770DBF.jpeg

Edited by PaddyBrew2
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Have you tried Dainton's Supertrooper Captain?

Nah, haven’t been able to get it here.

I’ve only just started to see Daintons here just recently over here in the west. 

If I do see it I’ll grab one if it’s recommended 

16 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Nah, haven’t been able to get it here.

I’ve only just started to see Daintons here just recently over here in the west. 

If I do see it I’ll grab one if it’s recommended 

One of the best NEIPA's i've had mate and the 10% is hidden quite well.

• Like 1

So while BentSpoke is the talk of the town (and the nation), my favourite brewery here in Canberra has been Zierholz for many years. They've recently started canning their Kolsch (labelled ad a German Ale), so I sampled a couple tonight.

It's not at all a challenging beer, but is definitely a really nicely balanced one. Crisp, dry but with plenty of malt flavour, fairly low in bitterness but not at all sweet, a touch of added interest from the yeast character ... Just makes you want to take another sip. 

I feel a little sad that I have to say this, but at $20 for a 6-pack of 375ml cans it is surprisingly good value for the craft beer world, considering it comes from a small local brewery. 

Cheers, 

John 

DSC_0146.JPG

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 4