Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

4 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

Nice setup you got going there!! 

I live on the coast but we haven’t had rain for 21 days. I wouldn’t mind a bit

Hehe, yeah, my wife and I do a lot of outdoors stuff when we can. The firepit is great for sitting beside and having a drink and a chat. This was our first chance to use it this year.

Here in Cairns the rain has barely let up since the start of the year. I'd be happy for everyone else to have it for a while! 😁

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, elLachlano said:

My wife bought a sixer of these home on the weekend. I just had one and it's amazeballs.

Super hop flavoured and after bittering my own brew with some particularly pungent Columbus earlier today, it was exactly what my senses were after.

IMG_20190521_195639.thumb.jpg.34fd0157cefc8a4b042d148ea71c061f.jpg

Defs recommend and I just found out they're in Keilor VIC which is literally 10mins away. Gonna go hit up the taproom. 

Where are you that's 10 mins from Keilor? I live at Keilor East...

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 4:33 PM, Beers Gone Wild said:

On the weekend I tried the Prancing Pony Red Ale, $30 per pint, it was a beautiful beer and I didnt mind paying that. I think it won the best beer in the world or something. Not sure if you can buy it as a Bottle.

I'm not a fan of these guys here in SA. They've pushed their way into on premise & off premise venues on the back of denigrating the quality of quite a number of other good quality craft breweries to get to where they've got. Even one I know of that helped them out in their early days to fix problems they were having with their beers.

Based on their own selfishness, their beers don't touch my lips, nor do I recommend them to anyone else.

Just my 2 cents,

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Beerlust said:

I'm not a fan of these guys here in SA. They've pushed their way into on premise & off premise venues on the back of denigrating the quality of quite a number of other good quality craft breweries to get to where they've got. Even one I know of that helped them out in their early days to fix problems they were having with their beers.

Based on their own selfishness, their beers don't touch my lips, nor do I recommend them to anyone else.

Just my 2 cents,

Lusty.

I’ve actually heard such stories but sort of took it as rumour and never really took notice of the things a couple of people I know we’re saying however this solidifies the rumour for me. 

Quite sad to hear seen as this world is a very supportive industry. 

On 5/21/2019 at 7:31 PM, elLachlano said:

My wife bought a sixer of these home on the weekend. I just had one and it's amazeballs.

Super hop flavoured and after bittering my own brew with some particularly pungent Columbus earlier today, it was exactly what my senses were after.

IMG_20190521_195639.thumb.jpg.34fd0157cefc8a4b042d148ea71c061f.jpg

Defs recommend and I just found out they're in Keilor VIC which is literally 10mins away. Gonna go hit up the taproom. 

Interesting that they also do a seasonal "Wee Heavy" Scottish Ale @ 7.5% ABV. Not a lot of breweries make this beer over here (that I'm aware of). 😎

I might have to push a few buttons to get hold of some of their stuff & try them.

Nice find ElLachlano. 👍

Cheers,

Lusty.

2 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

I might have to push a few buttons to get hold of some of their stuff & try them.

Ha ha. I must admit you are good at pushing buttons 😜

I haven’t seen their beers around my parts. Perhaps I’m not looking hard enough.

I have seen that Bucket Boys have proposed establishing a bottle shop in Penrith. That could be dangerous.

Another of my posse beers...

Harvest hop IPA from bridge road...

Slight toffee/malty very floral...would have loved to try it 2 months ago when it was made...

We were at the brewery when it was fermenting...a week early to see it brewed and a week late to try it fresh 😐

IMG_20190531_183813.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beerlust said:

Interesting that they also do a seasonal "Wee Heavy" Scottish Ale @ 7.5% ABV. Not a lot of breweries make this beer over here (that I'm aware of). 😎

Nice find ElLachlano. 👍

Cheers,

Lusty.

Their wee heavy is really good Lusty - I tried it after noticing a single 4 pack in the back of the fridge in my local bottle shop. well worth tracking down if you can.

Gaz.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 11:45 PM, Beerlust said:

Just my 2 cents,

Lusty.

Hmm ok, never knew that. I love their beer but if they aint playing the game, maybe ill boycott them too. Not that I buy much Beer anyway.