Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2 hours ago, supernerdy said:

I'll let the photos talk for themselves although finally happy I could try the Mosaic and was glad I enjoyed it compared to last weeks IIPA.  New phone so wanted to test the camera

IMG_20181104_151530.jpg

IMG_20181104_151628.jpg

Hi super, 

Love the PL Mosaic one of my favorites, a bit pricey but a great beer. Guessing you didn't enjoy the iipa? It's a big beer and not for everyone. What was the Balter like ? I haven't seen that one before.

I loved both. Been after the mosaic for some time. I think I've tried feral warhog. Need to find another XPA to try.

New to brewing so trying randoms I find interesting to help me decide what I brew. The IIPA was good but to much of a good thing.

On 11/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, supernerdy said:

I loved both. Been after the mosaic for some time. I think I've tried feral warhog. Need to find another XPA to try.

I rkn the mismatch XPA was awesome. Although if I recall correctly, I don't know if they actually brew this any more...

The Monteith's xpa isn't bad either

I've never had an XPA. The jaffle/toastie place near me has started selling craft beers. Hoping the staff get their RSA before work moves so I can enjoy it ? They have prancing pony and big shed brewing..

In other news tomorrow I have an excursion! Visiting Shifty Lizard with a mate (scoopon) so am looking forward to the tasting.. just not so much me wanting to buy everything

6 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

Don't rate goodieson. Where's the shifty lizard taphouse? I haven't been down the Vale for awhile, is it relatively new?

Goodieson was ok. Not as hoppy as Shifty but i found the first few of Shifty's to bitter and destroyed my taste buds.

Shifty is at Willunga - they have a scoopon at the moment $25 for two paddles and a share pizza or a jaffle each

Bought a PL Mosaic a couple of months ago and took it to a BBQ along with 4 long necks of my home brewed Citra Chinook Mosaic IPA.

Put  it in the fridge and forgot all  about it and left it when we went home!

Was spewing as there is only one bottle shop that I know of in Perth that sells it and it’s about 35kms from where I live.

Heading past that same bottle shop today , hopefully they have it still, but have heard the PL Mosaic is only small batch / seasonal?

Mosaic along with Citra are my favourite hops so looking forward to trying it

Fingers crossed !

Cheers

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2018 at 10:56 AM, karlos_1984 said:

Don't rate goodieson. Where's the shifty lizard taphouse? I haven't been down the Vale for awhile, is it relatively new?

For me, Goodies beers don't present anywhere near as well in the tasting paddle as they do when you get them home and stick the whole bottle into a good sized glass.

Recently, I took home their Wheat, Golden IPA (English Style), Imperial Pilsner and Indian Red Ale - all excellent. If you taste and think "not bad but not great", take a risk and buy some because you might be pleasantly surprised when you open a bottle back at your own digs.

Always a big bonus if you get to meet Jeff (brewer and co-owner with Mary) coz he is a real character! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PB2 said:

For me, Goodies beers don't present anywhere near as well in the tasting paddle as they do when you get them home and stick the whole bottle into a good sized glass.

Recently, I took home their Wheat, Golden IPA (English Style), Imperial Pilsner and Indian Red Ale - all excellent. If you taste and think "not bad but not great", take a risk and buy some because you might be pleasantly surprised when you open a bottle back at your own digs.

Always a big bonus if you get to meet Jeff (brewer and co-owner with Mary) coz he is a real character! 

The Imperial Pilsner and the India Red Ale were definitely my favourite. Tried the Golden IPA and thought it was ok and average.  Wasnt a fan of the Raspberry Wheat but I am not a fan of wheat beer in general.

Love the Balter XPA.

Finally got to try Pirate Life Mosaic last night - 500ml can.

Well worth the wait, bloody delish!!

Reminded me of SN Torpedo, But not as bitter.

Never tried a single hopped beer before and was impressed to say the least, Mosaic is one of my favourites hops though.

Cheers

James

• Like 2

On 11/15/2018 at 1:22 PM, supernerdy said:

Never eve heard of it.. is it craft or is it sthing like XXXX

It's not craft by any stretch of the word. It's a basic beer, brewed by some noname mob but it's essentially a piss take by the blokes who write the bettoota advocate. Nothing special. Think of all megaswills putting their car keys in the fishbowl upon entry and this being the offspring result...

• Haha 4

beer-saugvinonale2-tb.png

Red Dot Savignon Ale.  Brewed west of Melbourne.  On clearance from Aldi for $8 a six pack.  I only bought it because of the price.  

The first one left me with green grass, grapefruit and citrus notes.  I thought it 'peculiar'.  By the third I thought it was 'interesting' and was beginning to appreciate the blend of beer and wine yeasts that gave it its savignon designation.  And I had a hankering for prawns.  

The last three sold me. I realised I was drinking this beer purely for the experience of drinking this beer.  I was enjoying the experience of exploring it.   This is well made, interesting beer and way underpriced. 

Curried prawns.  I want curried prawns.  

I am going back to buy as many as I can carry in the morning before they run out at the price.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Ran out of homebrew so had to buy a six pack for kegging night!

Bought 8 Bit IPA and it was bloody delicious!

6.5% and 65 IBUs.

Would definitely recommend it and $24 a 6 pack is a bit to pay, but compared to other beers per sixer it was pretty good value.

Noticed a lot of IPAs etc are by the 4 pack now as well, what’s that about!!?

Anyway 8 bit IPA - Good bang for buck for sure!

Cheers

James