21 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Pizza prep

yum, prawns?

21 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Mismatch Barrel Aged Barley Wine.

Ohh, lovely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

My first posting on Today's Tastings! In Dubbo there is a craft brewery named Devil's Hollow which opened in 2019. There are 11 Devil's Hollow beers on offer, all made on site. There is also a very popular cafe and bar.

Today I tasted the 'Nun Launcher', which is described as a 'pale ale with a firm bitterness and refreshing aromas of citrus and tropical fruit'. I won't argue with that; it was yummy.  The Nun Launcher's ingredients are listed as pale, rolled oats and wheat grains; and cascade, cashmere, ella and galaxy hops.

The story behind the name is that the brewery founders remember when the new Catholic church was built in Dubbo, including a very modern spire which locals christened the 'Nun Launcher'. 

Devil's Hollow - Nun Launcher .jpg

Devil's Hollow - brew tanks.jpg

Nun Launcher 🤣  I dont know why but that name tickles my funny bone.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

hang on not that Mexican 🌵 sh.... - you know I mean Pale don't you 😬

Give me an ice cold VB on a summer day after ive mowed the lawn, anytime over Coopers Pale Ale 😜

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Exactly, just as the green label, hang on not that Mexican 🌵 sh.... - you know I mean Pale don't you 😬

When i get round to visiting you I'm bringing a six pack of VB, hold you down and pour a stubby down your throat via a funnel 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

When i get round to visiting you I'm bringing a six pack of VB, hold you down and pour a stubby down your throat via a funnel 🤣

I hope you have been working out & don't smoke because you would need to be pretty fit, just ask Hoppy 🤣

I would rather give up drinking than succumb to the horror of getting that vile, horrid stuff anywhere near me. 😂

Anyway you are welcome to try & would be welcome anytime here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I hope you have been working out & don't smoke because you would need to be pretty fit, just ask Hoppy 🤣

I would rather give up drinking than succumb to the horror of getting that vile, horrid stuff anywhere near me. 😂

Anyway you are welcome to try & would be welcome anytime here.

Non smoker but I don't think I'd take you on, you'd whoop my butt.

A beer with ya is on the to do list sooner than later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

All good mate, make it sooner. 🍻

Might have to catch a lift with the Hopster, or the Mrs needs some new clothes she can drop me off. There's no way im going clothes shopping. But yeah, definitely sooner.

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Amstel brewed locally mate?

I have a vague feeling that I drank Amstel - some version of it - in Greece years ago ?

Yeah locally made here. Its a decent macro lager. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Might have to catch a lift with the Hopster, or the Mrs needs some new clothes she can drop me off. There's no way im going clothes shopping. But yeah, definitely sooner.

Please wear Clothes

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Please wear Clothes

Oh yes it is compulsory ( for men ) to wear clothes at Classic Brewing Co. 

I am pretty sure our Pale friend would rather be knocking back a few pints rather than enduring the up & down trips up the escalator in Shopping Malls looking for dud's. 🤣

• Haha 3