Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Shipwreck imperial porter and a Brut pale. Both very nice. The porter is tops actually. The Brut is a little less dry that I'd like but well balanced.

IMG_20190824_123933.thumb.jpg.2c77d240b44590fb03d81804c0844a45.jpg

Jaffa Stout, sensational. Mellow, good orange hit. Really nice beer.

IMG_20190824_115150.thumb.jpg.630d91e8c781021df71cad17df619dcd.jpg

Also had a Slovenian Pilsner. Good malty drop.

Nice beers, good venue. Food was good too

• Like 5

On 8/24/2019 at 4:07 PM, Hilltop hops said:

That's a great collection of local beers there. Let us know how the Smiling Samoyed is, they make some good stuff. 

The Samoyed was my favorite of them all but a bit strong for me (Not a huge IIPA fan, nothing against the brewery). Was disappointed in the rest over-all but  im not a fan of big shed or prancing pony usually

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Remember when beer was beer 

Custard stout = craft getting out of control 

saw it and had to get it. $9 a can and it’s sweet and sickly. 

Too many small breweries doing stupid or weird stuff just to stand out IMO. The funkier and more out there the beer, the crappier it's been. Prices are usually equally insane. It's why I started brewing.

• Like 6

Akasha Brewing Company - Hopsmith IPA

Great aroma.  Says it is triple dry hopped.  Citrus, pine and fruity aroma.  Pretty good clarity.  Less complex taste, but good hit of bitterness.  One of those beers where the flavour hangs around in the mouth long after the liquid disappears.  Happy to recommend.

IMG_1335.JPG.1f0bc808598f7a7b0d25bf386a7b0cbf.JPG

• Like 3

Stone Brewing (USA) - Espresso Totalitarian Russian Imperial Stout

Classic RIS aroma, probably coffee in there somewhere.  On tasting, yep, there it is.  Full on malt flavour and strong bitterness to balance the malt.  The alcohol level is warming and a feature.  This is a sipper.

My reflux is not going to like this one.  The things we do.

IMG_1339.JPG.f80b88dba25321fcd3907345e8a5f0f7.JPG

• Like 2

I was pretty skeptical of this beer at first glance, but it was actually really, really good. The guys at Green Beacon know their stuff... A shame they sold to one of the big guys (probably the best of a bad lot though). And no I don't count Coopers as one of the big guys. 

The blood orange and cherry flavour was noticeable but well-balanced, the whisky barrel notes were gorgeous and there was a lovely underlying feathery malt character. It came together very nicely. 

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 4

On 9/14/2019 at 4:17 PM, Hairy said:

Nice little haul today.

Nice Hairy! That Fathom coffee stout was the last of the barrel aged beers I've been having this week. It was really nice, a great lawnmower beer while cooking dinner after a few hours gardening. 

Hope you like the Cluster 8 too.

Cheers, 

John 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

Nice Hairy! That Fathom coffee stout was the last of the barrel aged beers I've been having this week. It was really nice, a great lawnmower beer while cooking dinner after a few hours gardening. 

Hope you like the Cluster 8 too.

Cheers, 

John 

I had the Cluster 8 and Fathom last night and they were the best two beers of the bunch. The Fathom was awesome.