Coopers Community

Fruit Beer

therealthing691

3 hours ago, Dirtman Dan said:

I might hyjak this here I got 1kg of pure blood orange puree frozen from a mate. Thinking ipa with the puree going in at 1min till flameout? Anyone used puree before and what is the best time to addit? Cheers

I would add it after primary fermentation I have never used orange before but if you add before you lose a lot of flavour

I am told

11 hours ago, Dirtman Dan said:

I might hyjak this here I got 1kg of pure blood orange puree frozen from a mate. Thinking ipa with the puree going in at 1min till flameout? Anyone used puree before and what is the best time to addit? Cheers

Citrus came up in this thread recently:

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:23 PM, Smashed Crabs said:

That looks tasty as fark! care to divulge your recipe for this ?

2kg pale weyerman

.3kg munich1 weyerman

.2kg bestmalz wheat

.2kg Maris Otter

.5kg lactose

1.1kg of fresh pureed Mango after primary fermentation

10 grams of simcoe fwh hops

30g mosaic 30g citra  cubed at 82c and left over night

that is the basic recipe  run it through brewers friend to adjust volume it suit your Brew house efficiency for the required abv that was around 10L

well just added .5 kg of roasted coconut and 1.6kg pineapple pieces in pear and pineapple juice to a artisan fresh wort which is Bavarian weizen  .I don't know anyone that has done this . Hopefully I will have a nice Coconut pineapple wheat beer  yeast I used  was Danstar Munich.   Cheers Brian

Also .5kg of golden naked oats and simcoe hops were added to fresh wort

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, therealthing691 said:

well just added .5 kg of roasted coconut and 1.6kg pineapple pieces in pear and pineapple juice to a artisan fresh wort which is Bavarian weizen  .I don't know anyone that has done this . Hopefully I will have a nice Coconut pineapple wheat beer  yeast I used  was Danstar Munich.   Cheers Brian

Also .5kg of golden naked oats and simcoe hops were added to fresh wort

well a taste out of the hydrometer has heaps of coconut and pineapple coconut is a bit dominate but can still taste the pineapple and simcoe also brought this glass to celebrate when there ready cheers also Mr Banks Hazy state is nice as well

DSCN6075.JPG

DSCN6071.JPG

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, ChristinaS1 said:

Cool. Doesn't look like beer though. Does it taste like beer?

Cheers,

Christina. 

Still doesn't look like beer LOL but the taste I had today as I was eager to see how it tasted. Being my first of this style of beer. I think the biggest problem with this beer  will be is that its easy on the palate .Its only 8 days in the bottle  conditioning at 19.5C with the pineapple coconut  wheat that is finishing off fermenting.Well I am amazed I thought the hops  would have been a little more bitterness but in saying that its well balanced cant wait to taste it after 2 weeks  is very fruity but balanced  even could do with a little more hops cheers Brian

DSCN6087.JPG

DSCN6086.JPG

I gave some out to tasters and they said when can I get some hahaha .I myself think it could be a  bit more hoppy but I will do another batch as it was only 10L this will be 23L with .2g/L FWH  hops more and 4grams/L less Lactose aroma hops  same qtys/L and fruit the same. Also grain bill the same cheers

• 3 weeks later...

well early pickings on the fruit weizen  but is very similar to a Francis Kraner . Except a little citrus from the simcoe and a tiny bit of coconut and pineapple from the additions which I thought would be more .The yeast was danstar  munich wheat yeast which throughs banana and can taste that but 3 more weeks I think it will be at its ultimate   will wait and see cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 7:20 PM, Ben 10 said:

passionfruit sour worked really well with the passionfruit added after fermentation.

the same with my cherry stout.

Hi Good Morning,

What do you mean after fermentation? the first fermentation is about 10 days more or loss in a backet of 23 l and second one is in the Bottle to make it frezzy , when exactly do you add the Fruits ?

Best Regards.

Archived