Coopers Community

Glassware

supernerdy

It's good to have the right glass for the right beer, but that takes up a lot of space, and SWMBO wonders why you get grumpy when you see them handed to the kids with a juice or lolly-water.

I mostly use that hard working Headmaster Schooner glass with it's nucleation points holding up a great head under great carbonation for long periods of time. Easy to use and just a few to hide from those unappreciative cohabitants.?

Cheers

On 10/28/2018 at 12:43 AM, The Captain1525230099 said:

He has broken so much of my cool shit it’s not funny. I don’t let him anywhere near my music studio. 

My stepson is pretty much the same... except he's 22!   While he was here visiting us a few months back I had to surrender my music studio as a guest room for the 6-week duration.  It seemed to be largely intact after he left thankfully but during that time my glassware population mysteriously diminished along with my beer stocks!    ?

We've just set up a beaut bar including my glass collection (about 200 glasses - you never know which one you will feel like ?). Had to put a door on and a wooden shutter from roof to bar to stop the chooks getting in during the day. No doubt I'd go to get a beer and they'd have destroyed it. Now just got to find a way to deter my rapidly ageing teenager....

47 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

The only glass I don't have, but really want is an Orval chalice. Yes the tulips work perfectly well for Trappist beers, but it's not the same!

Cheers, 

John

Yeah John that glass just doesn’t do it for me. But each to there own.

i do understand the want to have one though

19 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Nice one there Cervaja. The glasses I’ve ordered are from the same brand. Looks like really good glassware. 

I've been lucky to pick up 4 different types of that brand quite cheaply. Beautiful glasses. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2018 at 8:31 AM, The Captain1525230099 said:

Yeah John that glass just doesn’t do it for me. But each to there own.

i do understand the want to have one though

Mine finally arrived! Took about a month since I ordered it from the UK, as the seller was away on holidays. Looks and feels great in the flesh!

Coincidentally I have had 6 litres of Pacific Saison chilling in the fridge for the last few days. Tonight would be a good time to tap it I reckon!

Cheers, 

John 

I've got so many glasses. Being from the UK originally I have quite a few pint and half pint glasses from beer festivals.
Most of those are in a cabinet and never come out.

Then I went through a stage of buying them from Vinnies etc. So I've ended up with quite a few different ones.

2 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

And is there a photo of these said Chalice with the pacific saison?

Sure yeah, here's a typically terrible one. Still getting up to the right carb level. 

The thing I love about this glass is the solid stem to hold and the way it forces you to take in all of the aroma on each sip. With the yeast strain and dry hop I did on this beer, it's a good thing! 

_20190112_210334.JPG

Archived