Coopers Community

Glassware

supernerdy

Hey guys,

So I am starting to look at beer more seriously other than a way to get drunk.

I see most people drink from a glass, and obviously a better option for home brew as well. What do you drink from ? Steins? Beer glasses?

Pay day tomorrow so might go shopping on the weekend

I have a whole heap of different ones. A few of the headmaster schooner glasses that are my main ones, a few pint glasses of various shapes including a beer boot, a couple of litre steins that come out on special occasions and a genuine German stein with a lid on it. I think it's ceramic but not sure. I use it occasionally but it's more of a decorative piece. 

12 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I’m looking for some nice Saison glasses. 

@Hairy You have some good taste there mate. 

I just ordered a couple of new glasses from Craftd this morning after smashing some of my glasses in a morning ice cream incident. 

11 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Just ordered a couple of the Francois 

I have that one and a beer can one (I did have two).

Today I ordered a Duke Zvikov and a Brother Constantijn. I noticed the latter is now sold out so I must have got one of the last.

35 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

You better have been working night shift

I made the kids some waffles for breakfast a couple of weekends ago and I thought I would be the cool dad that gave them a little scoop of ice cream with it.

Whilst scooping the ice cream towards me I was pushing the container away and then the scoop snapped in half. The container then slid across the bench and knocked off three glasses (that I had moved out of harms way). One was the Uncle Frank from Craftd, another a cheapo from Ikea and a Headmaster schooner glass.

5 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I bloody looked at that too! Cheeky bugger. 

I think I’ll get the beer can ones later if these ones work out alright 

If you ever come around for a beer I will let you use it.

The beer can glass is actually nice to drink from. The indent at the top of the glass sits perfectly on your lip.

I like a fresh cold glass in summer so I bought a box of these last week

https://www.nisbets.com.au/arcoroc-tempered-conical-glasses-425ml/gh641

I only wanted about 24 so have a few left for sale if anyone in Perth wants any

cheaper to buy a box than individually and means less washing, just fill the dishwasher with one load of glasses only. 

20181018_215604.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, John304 said:

you would be surprised at what you find at second hand shops!

Yep agree. Last Beer Glass was a freebie. As I had selected a couple of books to purchase from the local Op Shop, the lovely lady behind the cash register said I could have the headmaster beer glass for free. It was marked at a stagging sum of fifty cents.

I've got a standard schooner glass (425ml) which I bought from the Kangaroo Island brewery. It lives in the fridge and does most of my thirsty work. A mate also bought me 6 similar sized glasses that have an insulating layer in them, supposed to keep the drink colder for longer. They're from Costco I seen them on the shelf last time they were there. Would like to get some headmaster ones though.

29 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

@Hairy

My wife did me a favour today and picked up my posted glassware from craftd today. Awesome I said, thanks hun.

As it turns out, my young boy thought it’d be great to throw them into the boot of the car.

My wife told me to order some replacements tonight. 

When does your replacement child arrive? Surely that’s in the warranty.

Archived