Coopers Community

a good day for the brew rookie

EWildcat7

- Last night I had one of my beers and it was fantastic!  A very welcome surprise compared to the first few I had.  I made the lager that came with the kit and, at the advice of several on here, I tried one each week (starting at week 2) so that I could know the difference that the longer conditioning can make.  As some of you may remember, I was very disappointed with the first few.  But my patience was rewarded last night (4 1/2 weeks of conditioning) as I had a beer that was worthy of a pub!  This may have been slightly short lived as the one that I am drinking right now is not as good as the one last night, but still much much better than the first few.

- Yesterday, I posted a question asking whether I needed a new krausen collar since mine had some scratches on it.  Completely out of the blue, I got a call from Coopers asking me for my address.  They are sending me a new one for free!

- Some of you on here know that I was having trouble controlling the temperature with my most recent brew.  Before I started brewing, I picked up a second fridge a few months ago with the intention of using it for bottles.  Several people on here explained how they use a fridge and the inkbird temperature controller to ferment their beer at the correct temperature.  I wasn't sure if mine would work because a) I didn't get it for that purpose, so I didn't measure the size of the inside and b) I couldn't' put the FV in it to find out because it had beer in it.  Now that my FV is empty, I just took it out to my fridge.  With some very minor modifications (removing the bars on the shelves in the door), I can make the FV fit!

+1 to Coopers for sending the replacement, truly a customer focused company with excellent customer service.

I always remember my first brew, a Coopers sparkling if im correct. Was so impressed and so was my son. Now my main brews are AG but i always turn back the timer and brew a kit & k or use a can as the base for partials. 

You have just started this incredible journey, advice followed here has essentially taken me from novice to knowledgeable brewer.

I've had a good week in my brewing journey. I'm starting to get a bit of stock up now and have been able to have 5 different beers of my own over the last 5 days.

My last Czech Pils on Saturday, a  few of my fresh Draught on Sunday, then my mosaic amber ale on Monday. Sampled my first hop slam IPA on Tuesday and yesterday I had a sneaky longneck of my toucan stout at 17 days in glass.

Super happy with the IPA and OMG the stout is awesome! It was one of the few i did with 2 carb drops and I've stashed most of the rest away for a long rest ?

Loving it!

Cheers, Lee

Archived