Coopers Community

Woo! Brew fridge acquired!

Silmaril

Woohoo! Found a suitable fridge on the Facebook buy/sell/swap page for my local area ?

Was hoping both my blue cube and the Coopers FV would fit in, but alas not. Might though without the Krausen collar on the Coopers FV. Or I go to using 2 blue cubes. In the meantime I'll have space for bottles!

Someone did mention this hobby could be a rabbit hole! ?

20180930_124210.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one mate, further down the hole ye goes. I got a fridge that looks very similar in size, I can get 2 FVs in but its a tight squeeze, and my back hates me when i gotta lift the top FV in and out. Worth it in the end though, I had a bad string of what i thought was infected batches last summer but after i got temp control I've had no issues and put them down to hot yeastys throwing funky esters. Enjoy ?

3 hours ago, Silmaril said:

Woohoo! Found a suitable fridge on the Facebook buy/sell/swap page for my local area

Nice one Sil.

Early in my brewing career I realised we had a small chest freezer sitting in the laundry doing nothing and I thought....I wonder.  These forums gave me the knowledge and confidence to source a temperature controller and I have not looked back.  Would like to get a fridge but no space.  The freezer is not enough.  I sometimes have a brew in the fermenter waiting its turn to cold crash.

Cheers Shamus

I have got a similar fridge that fits  2 x FVs.

I use a trolley dolly from bunnings and 2 milk crates stacked on it to help with the shifting and lifting of the FVs in and out of the fridge.

Got to take care of the old back and all that.

The missus will use any beer making related injury to put a right Old stop to my fun and hijinx  I’ll tel ya!!

Cheers

James

17 minutes ago, James Lao said:

The missus will use any beer making related injury to put a right Old stop to my fun and hijinx  I’ll tel ya!!

Yep, just like with my bball... You get good at not showing pain the morning after a full on game. Same with brewing, if I'm up till midnight doing an all grain batch after work, better not sure any signs of tiredness the next day! ?

Cheers,

John

11 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

Yep, just like with my bball... You get good at not showing pain the morning after a full on game. Same with brewing, if I'm up till midnight doing an all grain batch after work, better not sure any signs of tiredness the next day! ?

Cheers,

John

Ha ha, definitely. I have a meniscus tear in my knee and I am still trying to convince my wife I will be right for next week.

On 10/5/2018 at 8:19 AM, The Captain1525230099 said:

Yard????

Push it into the garage.

She can park her car outside with the other pesants that still bottle. 

Im pretty sure i could convince swmbo that this would be an asset we could use during the long hot aussie summers. Im sure you could fit a sofa and hook up foxtel maybe even room for a bed. She could also use it to host Christmas in July parties. That being said you would need to be knocking out 2 brews a day so will leave it to you @Ben 10

6 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I’m trying to find a small bar fridge to fit my fermenter in.

Hey Beer Baron,

I saw that Aldi has got bar fridges on sale this coming Saturday the 13th if you are interested. Im located in the western suburbs of Melbourne and not too sure if the Aldi specials are Australia wide, but just thought i should let you know.

Cheers!

On 10/4/2018 at 9:55 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Imagine how many fermenters you could fit in that. Brew once every couple of years, and install taps around the whole thing for all the kegs once they're ready. I'm sure the missus would be fine with it taking up residence in the back yard ?

Given Ben10's current brewing regime (see detailed schematic below) & the fact he has just completed the build of a standard sized keezer...

Ben10_Fermenting.jpg

...you really shouldn't tempt him with such ideas. ?

?

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived