Coopers Community

Show us your current brewing set-up !

Beer Baron

29 minutes ago, Beers Gone Wild said:

Very cool setup Red Devil. Looks like you thought that out well, nice and tidy. 

I do like the idea of the wheels. Mine is painful to move even empty.

Yeah cheers Beers Gone Wild, I put 6 wheels on in total, ones at either end of the front are lockable,it’s so I can move it around to my entertainment area or pool area when people are over,  currently just lives in the garage until I renovate under the house. It had its maiden voyage the other weekend for my wife’s birthday, and went like a beauty, everyone loved it. I’m a tradie too so that helps when designing & building.

On 4/10/2019 at 3:15 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

It's been going well so far. Nice to have all the kegs and glasses etc. in one place. The cupboards behind it are useful for putting cartons of beer in while they wait for fridge space too. 

Unfortunately one of the dogs decided to trip over the cord for that bar open light and broke it. The base and bulb are fine, just the cover was smashed. Gonna find something to replace it at some stage. And need to get a couple of bar runners.

Loo

Hey guys, just thought I would add some internal pictures of my keezer that I put up the other day. Hopefully you guys can get some ideas from it if you want to go down that path, I also have pictures of the build in progress if anybody wants to look at them, happy to help, cheers. 

F52FE392-EA9E-499C-A5E7-B57C682B1C51.jpeg

690FB9E0-CA6B-4966-B0BE-280532C08E25.jpeg

• Like 4

That's my "I am on budget, saving for a house deposit and expecting second son" set up. Nothing fancy yet, just Cooper 23l and 8l FV. Have 2 batches bubbling away now brewed yesterday. Still learning and looking forward upgrades soon20190421_122208.thumb.jpg.80bba39dc3fde9e8605acbbf8ebacb53.jpg

• Like 8

Old mate of mine in the UK has his dream job. Flies around the world with Bruce, on his speaking tours. He does all the bookings and ferrying him from A to B. Bruce often flies himself to some of these. God knows how he got that gig, slackest bastard I ever knew...

He even got a mention in Bruce's bio. Reads more like a bullet point diary than an autobiography. Lots of interesting things skimmed over, like his aviation business and his brewing business. A versatile interesting bloke, so many fingers and pies.

Edited by Lab Rat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lab Rat said:

Old mate of mine in the UK has his dream job. Flies around the world with Bruce, on his speaking tours. He does all the bookings and ferrying him from A to B. Bruce often flies himself to some of these. God knows how he got that gig, slackest bastard I ever knew...

Wow. What an awesome gig ...... dream job for sure. Meeting Bruce is one of my dreams. Met with Blaze Bayley and Paul Dianno. Saw Maiden 9 times and cant get enough. They made the brewing yesterday very enjoyable

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

20190510_172428.thumb.jpg.0a7ed19505475a5fff22a80bb71f1b07.jpgThe Worthog Brewery on a Friday evening. Cold Crashing in the right hand fridge. Placebo fermenter in centre 18c fridge to hold temperature. A ferment happening in the left chest freezer plus 25 bottles conditioning at 18c. Also my bottle conditioning 'toolbox', lower left.

The joy, while I partake in a Mosaic Pale Ale!

Cheers

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I ordered my 2 new taps and shanks and they should hopefully arrive by next weekend. 

AllI need after that is:

4 way manifold 

4 new disconnects (2 of each) 

1 9.5L keg

More beer line

2 spout covers

2 new custom tap handles (father in law will make them)

I also want to get a decal holder for each tap to make it look a bit more professional. 

I also want a grain mill, buckets to hold grain etc. 

Whoever said home brewing was cheap was clearly drunk when they said it. 

Beer Baron

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beer Baron said:

Well I ordered my 2 new taps and shanks and they should hopefully arrive by next weekend. 

AllI need after that is:

4 way manifold 

4 new disconnects (2 of each) 

1 9.5L keg

More beer line

2 spout covers

2 new custom tap handles (father in law will make them)

I also want to get a decal holder for each tap to make it look a bit more professional. 

I also want a grain mill, buckets to hold grain etc. 

Whoever said home brewing was cheap was clearly drunk when they said it. 

Beer Baron

I bought my grain mill at the very beginning.  I buy 25kg bags of malt and mill just before brewing.  Big saving in the price of grains.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alpaca Brew said:

I bought my grain mill at the very beginning.  I buy 25kg bags of malt and mill just before brewing.  Big saving in the price of grains.  

It’s something I definitely want to get soon considering I am having troubles with the grain I am getting being like flour 

• Sad 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:37 AM, Alpaca Brew said:

Spent some time building the brew room and buying equipment little by little.  Makes brewing, kegging and bottling much easier.  

Looks great AB!  Wonderful set-up.

So what do you use the drier for - drying your hop flowers?  😜

image.png.4d17131b4d136e1d6a8e16dd58d3a9b6.png

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

It’s something I definitely want to get soon considering I am having troubles with the grain I am getting being like flour 

BB1 - easy answer... think Kelsey put me onto it originally if my dodgy memory has it right... made in Bris... by little supplier... Mashmaster mini-mill...

is very good... youtube demo's all over the world it seems...

And my LHBS who are more a micro-brewery than HBS bought one same time I ordered mine as they were impressed with the make and the good feedback.  

Frank in Everton Park... knows what is he doing... guess he could be offshoring production - dunno - but is local aussie business and makes a barnstorming mill. 

I lashed out and got the hopper as well but you could rig something up yourself... then just need a food-grade bucket underneath... I just screwed the mill onto a piece of board and cut in the slot for the grain to come roaring out ; )  Think there is one similar above in AP's brewery picture bottom LHS next to bottler - with hopper on top.

And you can dial up your crush... my LHBS/brewery suggest dial it up so you leave a credit card thickness.  Seems to be ok (but I am an AG rank beginner). 

Just charge up the cordless drill and crank it up!  It is a beautiful thing.  And I think that if one works hard and saves up, one is entitled to owning a few beautiful things 😝

And make sure you keep your and everyone else's digits out of the way... safety first.

image.png.03086282ee06964fb732a6c1e5784ab9.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1