Coopers Community

Show us your current brewing set-up !

Beer Baron

Nice one Kelsey - might need to upgrade the kegerator now 🙂

I've just rebuilt and relocated by control box. Moved all the cables behind the cabinet and ran 2.5mm cable everywhere.  Added another SSR for sparge control and now using my old crab cooker for the sparge HLT. Does away with the old 10L urn and STC and puts it all under control of craftbeerpi on the raspberry pi. Upgraded the element to a 4500w ULWD jobbie running on a 20A GPO. Will need to replace one of the RCBOs with a 20A instead of the current 16A though I'm also playing with re-coding the pid algorithm on the pi to reduce the max draw. I was able to run the element at 90% duty cycle before it tripped the 16A switch. Now just waiting for some SS piping to make up a hard line for the recirculation feed...

81B1A7CE-2F70-49E1-9CE7-F1D7B3C685F2.jpeg

49446079-1C0D-43A8-9142-48CCA4EB46B8.jpeg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

Very nice! But I'm more interested in how your Porsche is going. Much progress? 

I keep throwing money at it, does that count? 😑

No, there has been progress...the gearbox had just been completed, the engine is back together, the webers rebuilt...just need you source a few parts and get it back together now...

• Like 1

Well after trying to reorganise my garage 3 times to try and fit in a brew fridge, I went and bought a Cool Brewing bag this morning. While I probably won’t be brewing any lagers during summer, I don’t really drink to many anyway.

With music rooms and camping gear, I think this might be the best solution to get some temp control.

I’ll be putting it to the test tomorrow, got the ice bricks in the freezer ready.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Well after trying to reorganise my garage 3 times to try and fit in a brew fridge

I am fiddling around too. I think I have a spot for my brew area but it will require a sparkie to get some extra power points and to change the automatic garage door to the other garage door $$$$$$$$

• Like 1

Dad came around earlier with the jigsaw to cut a section from the bench behind the bar, in order to fit the tap tower and drip tray in. I didn't want the drip tray on the bench as the clearance wouldn't be high enough to fit all the different sized glasses I have. Now just to fill a couple of kegs with beer.

20190112_162621.thumb.jpg.76e362054d1308acebfdf6c511d5e3d3.jpg

20190112_162454.thumb.jpg.6f9eeb295af7cce507a6c16e64a215e9.jpg

Cheers

Kelsey

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Titan said:

Where did you get the tap handles from Kels? 

Just eBay at various times. I have a few others as well. The plain timber one is actually a Sierra Nevada PA one but I took the top off it as that tap is permanently on soda water duty. Gas cylinder fits nicely in beside the kegerator too.

Gonna have to cut some more out of the bench on the right side. The fridge was getting too hot being right up against the timber panel on the left side and not chilling down below about 8 degrees, just moved it about 7-8cm away from it and it's going fine now. No urgency though, I won't have beer on tap again for at least a month anyway.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, Beer Baron said:

I am fiddling around too. I think I have a spot for my brew area but it will require a sparkie to get some extra power points and to change the automatic garage door to the other garage door $$$$$$$$

Haha! Not worth it for home brewing I reckon ... get a Cool Brewing Bag instead. 😋

20 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

Can't go wrong with this, they're brilliant.

Cheers. I’ve read quite a few great things about them, including yours.

I never got the brew down until tonight, and my temp was a little high so I stuck a couple of smaller bricks in tonight, along with the 2 x 2l milk bottles. I’ll see how it’s going in the morning and might pull the two smaller ones out.

1 hour ago, porschemad911 said:

Nice work Kelsey, looks great. You just need some better spirits.

Cheers mate. Most of those aren't even mine 😂 but Jack Daniels has been one of my favourite drinks since I was 18. The other one of mine is a bottle of cognac. The rest were leftovers from new year's but they were the girls drinks.

• 2 months later...

Hi brewers, long time lurker, first time posting, thought I would show you some pics of my Keezer I recently built and my fermenting fridge. Have been brewing for approx 8 months, still learning, have gained some good tips from a few posts, cheers 

7BB0ACBF-47C5-43A9-974C-908415EAFD66.jpeg

62ADEC88-84A1-44C7-88E4-A1CE789CA345.jpeg

CA0E6CFD-6200-4400-BED8-1CC2D9F9DE73.jpeg

3D85E8EE-3770-4063-BDD7-B9E7CC7778C2.jpeg

• Like 11

On 1/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Dad came around earlier with the jigsaw to cut a section from the bench behind the bar, in order to fit the tap tower and drip tray in. I didn't want the drip tray on the bench as the clearance wouldn't be high enough to fit all the different sized glasses I have. Now just to fill a couple of kegs with beer.

20190112_162621.thumb.jpg.76e362054d1308acebfdf6c511d5e3d3.jpg

20190112_162454.thumb.jpg.6f9eeb295af7cce507a6c16e64a215e9.jpg

Cheers

Kelsey

Looks pretty good. Wouldn't mind something like that myself 🙂 

Love the posters  \m/ 

• Like 1

It's been going well so far. Nice to have all the kegs and glasses etc. in one place. The cupboards behind it are useful for putting cartons of beer in while they wait for fridge space too. 

Unfortunately one of the dogs decided to trip over the cord for that bar open light and broke it. The base and bulb are fine, just the cover was smashed. Gonna find something to replace it at some stage. And need to get a couple of bar runners.