Coopers Community

Barefoot Rattler (Radler)

Hi all,

Planning on putting down a lemon / lime lawnmower beer for the warmer months coming up and looking for some recommendations on brewing one. Will be a kits and bits since iv got so many tins sitting around and curious on the amounts of lemon / limes I would need to use to get a good flavor. 

Hi BZ - Links to a couple of recipes from the Coppers website with lemon, lime or grapefruit ingredients.  I have done the Zesty Blonde and really loved it.  Grapefruit zest came through in the taste.  Not as strong as a slice in the neck of the bottle, but not negligible either.

Deuce Lager

Lemon Zest Weizen

Zesty Blonde

I agree with Hairy about just adding a little squeeze of lemon or lime in the glass.

But if you use zest, suggest cutting it off the lemon or lime by hand with a sharp knife in one long, thin strip (if you can manage), with as little of the white pith as possible (pith adds bitterness). That makes it easy to remove / fish out of the fermenter.  Taste the beer every other day or so and, when it is at the level you want, remove it.  

Cheers,

Christina.

Archived