Coopers Community

Matilda Bay Frothy

Hairy

Good find Hairy.

I find it hilarious how the 'big two' are just cloning one another constantly now.

It's like a game of corporate chess using beers as the pawns! ?

Maybe both breweries are now run by opposing super computers. One owned by the Daleks, & the other by the Movellans. ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Haven't seen it yet but if it's anything like furphys then I doubt I'll think much of it. But I guess those beers aren't aimed at seasoned craft drinkers.

If their popularity grows & they help bring about the death of megaswill as we know it, then that will be a good thing. ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

It’s very hard to persuade the likes of a seasoned VB/Dry/XXXX etc drinker that beer shouldn’t taste like megaswill.

I think what will happen is just as it has done previous. It’ll take some money away from the big breweries then they will buy those breweries out. 

They will make good money out of that but it will not stop the “purists” that will not buy beer owned buy massive companies. However that market is that small it’s probably not worth worrying about for the big companies 

Captain

Yea, it gets confusing. ABInBev owns Carlton through SABMiller but the Miller part was sold to MillerCoors which was owned by CoorsMiller.

Strange when you look at what ABInBev had to sell off from SABMiller before the regulators would allow the takeover, they basically ended up with CUB and hop farms.

• 1 month later...

I saw a sign advertising this the other day. Not in a rush to try it. I expect it will be predictably shit. On the topic, I hate how when u go into a bar that sells furphy on tap and the uneducated young staff there think theyre selling craft beer and that it's this awesome, exclusive new thing.

I was in a pub the other day that had a bridge road summer ale on one of their stand alone taps and I asked the young barmaid what ABV it was (was driving) and she just looked at me blankly and then says "oh nah that's the furphy, it's like really popular".

I then spent the next 5 minutes trying to explain to the poor girl that the tap must have changed given the label on top said bridge road and the furphy tap was down on the hoop with the VB, xxxx, west end etc....

Awesome product awareness right there.

Archived