Coopers Community

Coopers standard yeast

ToonArmy92

Cool then i used brew enhancer 1 just cause i got it with the kit so 2 or 3 would be a better taste that way or maybe a different mix i could do myself? Just done the canadian blonde that was between around 20 most the time with a muntons brew enhancer hopefully that's less cidery then

2 or 3 would be better, 3 probably better than 2. Otherwise yes you can mix your own up. 1kg dry malt and 200-300g dextrose would go alright, or you can leave out the dextrose, or use 700-800g dry malt with the 200-300g dextrose etc. There's no right mix, just whatever tastes best to you. Play around with it a bit, but a lower fermentation temp is the key to avoiding cidery flavors.

The lager cans come with an ale yeast so 25 degrees should be ok I'd reckon - maybe as Otto said, the cidery taste might go away in time.  I'm about to make one up as well and I'm going to use a mix of 800 Light Malt, 100 Dex & 100 Maltodexrin, so not far off from Otto again. There is a lager yeast called Californian Lager M54 which I'm going to use - it can be used at about 20 degrees and doesn't need lagering. Basically it's a lager yeast that can be used like an ale yeast... I've got a pilsner festering away on it at the moment and it's going gangbusters.

Archived