hops selection

Chinook
cascade
Columbus
centennial
citra 
Amarillo
EKG

Looking to just do a few pale, stouts and I might even attempt an IPA.

But first APA, see attached pic of a proposed recipe please let me know of any adjustments you would make. 

Thank you

edit: No chillen it 

Screenshot_20180818-072607.jpg

What's the batch size? It's a lot of grain. For a standard sort of APA you'd only need about 5-5.5kg all up. I'd probably drop the pale malt and wheat by 500g each, so 4.5kg pale and 750g wheat. Up the Munich to 400g. Could probably increase the late additions and reduce the Chinook a bit as well but up to you.

Your batch size is what ends up in the fermenter. I use 25L cubes too but usually just have 25-26 litres in the fermenter because I leave most of the cube trub behind, which I factor into my losses. The recipes are based on 25 litres, if I get more it's a bonus. 

Hop combination will work great, if you had some simcoe you'd just about have a 4 Pines pale ale hop schedule

Nice looking hop schedule Gully. When I do a 60 min boil I also go for the 18ish IBU range for the backbone bitterness then fill in the rest with late additions, like your schedule for APA'S or pacific ales. I have never done cascade with citra and Amarillo but it sounds really good. Let us know how it goes.

Archived