Coopers Community

Magnetic Stir Plate

Beer Baron

• 1 month later...

Got my new stir bars and have used the 30mm x 8mm one twice now and it is rock solid.

Loads easier to get the thing started and it doesn’t get flicked off.

Have done  a 2.7L and 2L starter so far and no dramas.

Cant believe I have been using the smaller one for so long as it was a total PITA getting it started and then had to be just right otherwise it would fling off!!

Happy days!

James

On 10/3/2018 at 4:42 PM, James Lao said:

Got my new stir bars and have used the 30mm x 8mm one twice now and it is rock solid.

Loads easier to get the thing started and it doesn’t get flicked off.

Have done  a 2.7L and 2L starter so far and no dramas.

Cant believe I have been using the smaller one for so long as it was a total PITA getting it started and then had to be just right otherwise it would fling off!!

Happy days!

James

I might actually have to get around to ordering more

• 2 months later...

I’ve got a starter on my stir plate (I’m still convinced that thing isn’t spinning properly) and I was wondering should the starter be at the same temperature as my future brew. 

I will be brewing a Vienna Lager on Friday and be fermenting at 10 degrees using Wyeast 2206, Bavarian Lager Yeast. 

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

I’ve got a starter on my stir plate (I’m still convinced that thing isn’t spinning properly) and I was wondering should the starter be at the same temperature as my future brew. 

I will be brewing a Vienna Lager on Friday and be fermenting at 10 degrees using Wyeast 2206, Bavarian Lager Yeast. 

Thanks

The short answer is no. This may help.

https://byo.com/mr-wizard/yeast-starter-temperature/

Archived