Coopers Community

Heading to Europe, recommend any awesome bars?

Fergy1987

Hey everyone,

So in September I am heading to Europe and doing the following

London, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Rome, Amalfi Coast, Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Brugges, Amsterdam

I was wondering if anyone has been recently and uncovered any secret or awesome craft beer bars or beer related activities that they would recommend?

I mean I cant imagine it would be hard to find good beer in Germany and Belgium, but if you know THE place to be - let me know null

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Fergy1987 said:

Hey everyone,

So in September I am heading to Europe and doing the following

London, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Rome, Amalfi Coast, Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Brugges, Amsterdam

I was wondering if anyone has been recently and uncovered any secret or awesome craft beer bars or beer related activities that they would recommend?

I mean I cant imagine it would be hard to find good beer in Germany and Belgium, but if you know THE place to be - let me know null

Thanks!

Belushi's bars in London and Paris are great. Amsterdam have some good ones too but i was a little wasted most of that trip so i can't remember which ones they were haha

Cheers,
Hoppy

Jeez, belushi’s bars take me back. I used to often go to the “ain’t nothing but blues” bar near Piccadilly for an arvo open mic (I recall lots of Neil young, Beatles, Hendrix and stones being covered, some well and some not so much) then on to belushis (I can’t remember which one). And lots of good bars and pubs in places like Camden too. 

I quite enjoyed the Heineken brewery tour in Amsterdam, but I was possibly still under the influence of the previous night’s space muffins...

Obviusly Munich has the beer halls covered (hofbrau hause etc), can’t go wrong there.

But overall I loved the little local pubs and bars. I don’t remember any specifically secret, the-place-to-be spots but I reckon you’ll stumble across some real gems yourself, and it won’t take much effort. Just ask a local or the hosts where you’re staying.

As you say it won’t be tough to find a good beer!

There is a place in belguim that has over 200 or so types of beer I cant remember where .The lady who runs the tour at La trappe brewery told us about it la trappe is about 70km or so from Amsterdam by memory .There is the only trappiest beer made in Holland a great tour is in English La trappe has wicked food as well.Correction 110km from Amsterdam also you will be amazed how many types of beer they have at the local jummbo aldi and other supermarkets cheers Brian

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/6/2018 at 12:38 PM, Wobbly74 said:

Brew dog bars in London - I preferred the one near Trafalgar sq than the one in soho (bigger, more levels). Other than that any bar in London serving cask ale ?

I ve been in Brew Dog Bar in Glasgow and it was amazing 

Archived