Coopers Community

Coopers Vintage Ale 2018

ben 10

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys.

I noticed the 2018 ESVA is now out & about as some stock had arrived at my work Monday.

For those interested, it appears to be single hopped this year with the French hop Aramis, & uses Westminster barley grown on Kangaroo island here in South Australia.

Coopers Extra Special Vintage Ale 2018

The DIY recipe usually isn't too far behind it. Keep your eyes out for both.

Cheers,

Lusty.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:33 AM, Ben 10 said:

I noticed it too..

Sorry mate. I wasn't on the forum much if at all over the weekend. Good find. ?

The labels resemble the old Coopers labels of yesteryear a bit. A bit of nostalgia maybe? ?

Cheers,

Lusty. 

On 8/5/2018 at 8:44 AM, Hairy said:

Any good?

I pick up a dozen of these each year but for some reason I missed the 2017 release. 

?

I'm sorry to hear that Hairy. How much of 2017/2018 were you in a coma for? ? ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

6 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

Grabbed my case yesterday. Looking forward to trying it but the fridge is full of my own beer at the moment.

I'm interested to see how the hops come through.

I'm guessing the Aramis hops will have a 'musky' aroma.

Sampled a couple over the weekend, very enjoyable. A bigger dose of hops wouldn't go astray, but the familiar Aramis flavour and aroma come through nicely. 

It's interesting how the same hop changes depending on dosing rate, gravity, malt bill and aging time. Planning to do a 3 way comparison on the weekend focused on hop perception just for fun. My wife is going to kill me when she sees me pouring 3 beers at once. 

Cheers, 

John

On 8/10/2018 at 2:08 PM, porschemad911 said:

Grabbed my case yesterday. Looking forward to trying it but the fridge is full of my own beer at the moment.

I'm interested to see how the hops come through.

John, I knew once word got to you that it had Aramis hops in it this year, you'd be all over it! ?

I'll definitely be grabbing some myself.

Cheers,

Lusty.

I grabbed a couple of bottles when I went into Dan Murphy’s at 0900 today. I also went to get a couple of bottles of the James Squire Wreck Preservation Ale which was released today but it was already sold out.............I was annoyed and walked out with nothing!!!

Archived