Coopers Community

Pressing "submit" in the online store

Just then I ordered some new bottles. When I pressed "submit" it looked like nothing had happened, but I was sure I clicked it properly.

It turns out that I had - I eventually spotted the waiting "spinner" which was hidden on top of some text, but the submit button itself was not masked or deactivated. I didn't click it twice to see what would happen because ... well I didn't want to have to call up, cancel an order and get a refund if my experiment worked.

Anyway, that definitely needs to be fixed. It would be very easy for someone to place multiple orders.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 7/12/2018 at 2:32 PM, King Ruddager said:

Just then I ordered some new bottles. When I pressed "submit" it looked like nothing had happened, but I was sure I clicked it properly.

It turns out that I had - I eventually spotted the waiting "spinner" which was hidden on top of some text, but the submit button itself was not masked or deactivated. I didn't click it twice to see what would happen because ... well I didn't want to have to call up, cancel an order and get a refund if my experiment worked.

Anyway, that definitely needs to be fixed. It would be very easy for someone to place multiple orders.

I've almost fallen for the press it again trick a few times. It would be nice if this could be altered.

• 1 month later...

Hey @King Ruddager,

We actually made the spinning wheel in the checkout darker last week 🤨

However if you are still concerned, can you take a screenshot and email it to us, with what device & browser combination you are using to store@coopers.com.au and we shall review.

Overall since our website update in May 2018, the site is a lot faster. However during ROTM time and especially with our annual Vintage Ale recipe, there is a lot of traffic so we ask for your patience. Always happy to hear feedback and provide any assistance by contacting the store direct - store@coopers.com.au or 1300 304 938.

Cheers,

Coopers DIY Beer Team

@Coopers DIY Beer Team, it's impossible for me to take a screenshot without buying something so I'm not able to provide one, however I'm using Chrome on a Windows laptop to access your store. I've created a mock-up though to illustrate my point - see below

Also, the issue is not just with the spinner being hard to see (it can easily be hidden over the top of an image) but that coupled with the fact the button is not masked so it's still possible to click "submit" twice.

I've not found speed to be an issue and it's unrelated to this particular problem anyway.

image.thumb.png.3daec4895d46fb4feb692e1bac7c205a.png

• Like 1

Making the spinning loading symbol white and having a black box behind it would be much better. Or even a white box with a black loading sign and the words "loading..." above it. You can't miss that. 

You can't rely on the background showing the loading symbol as on defferent devices it comes up in different areas on the background and as uou can see in the screenshot above the symbol appears right on top of the picture. Would be best to put a solid coloured/very dark box behind the symbol to ensure it is always easily visible no matter the device or screen resolution. 

Edited by MitchellScott
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

Well fair enough, I only raised this two years ago. Certainly isn't on the "don't care" list.

If nothing else Ruddy, your periodically raising this issue is a reminder to the rest of us.  The other day I ordered the current Belgian Chocolate Stout.  I pressed the Submit button and for a second or two I thought, nothing has happened.  Then I remembered you and thought, where is that spinny sucker.  Sure enough there it was.  Just waited a bit longer and the order went through.  So thanks Ruddy.

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2020 at 3:13 PM, King Ruddager said:

You know how it functions?

No I don't. Hence saying "I highly doubt". But being in IT for work, and having an understanding of website design, I would be very surprised if the coding in the website allows this to happen.

Sure, not impossible, but IMO highly unlikely.

If I was buying tins still, I would test it. When I need some new seals or something for my Coopers FV I'll hit it twice and see what happens.

The first principle of such software design is to mask or disable a submit button after clicking it. If those simple measure are not taken it's hard to be confident the developers have done anything else.

Here you go Coopers, add this.disabled=true to the button's onClick event.