Coopers Community

Mangrove Jack's Cider Pouch

willie_m

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I brewed an elderberry flower and lime, used all the sweetener  but next time will use half, bottled it at the weekend, all went well ,

One of my mates came round and wanted to try it ,well i opened a bottle , flat as, but tastes realty nice, SWMBO liked it as well

So was wondering if we really need to gas the bottles

On 6/26/2019 at 12:20 AM, davids47 said:

I brewed an elderberry flower and lime, used all the sweetener  but next time will use half, bottled it at the weekend, all went well ,

One of my mates came round and wanted to try it ,well i opened a bottle , flat as, but tastes realty nice, SWMBO liked it as well

So was wondering if we really need to gas the bottles

Carbonation should build up in 2 weeks. 

• 3 months later...

I've tried the IPA puches and got good results. I've got my first cider on the go, Mangrove Jacks Craft Series Rose Cider 

I've had it at 22 degrees for 6 days and it doesn't seem to be doing much. seems to be a bit of gas bulding up under the lid, but not really bubbling. My IPA's have had a bit of a 'scum' on the top during fermentaion, but this cider doesn't.  Is that normal?

On 10/14/2019 at 9:27 PM, Conceptguy said:

I've tried the IPA puches and got good results. I've got my first cider on the go, Mangrove Jacks Craft Series Rose Cider 

I've had it at 22 degrees for 6 days and it doesn't seem to be doing much. seems to be a bit of gas bulding up under the lid, but not really bubbling. My IPA's have had a bit of a 'scum' on the top during fermentaion, but this cider doesn't.  Is that normal?

I recently made a "mixed Berry" craft series cider. It went off like mad. After 2 hours, there was airlock activity and over the next couple of days, there was a sheer endless stream of bubbles in the airlock. It fermented out to an FG of spot on 1000 within about 4 days. It's been in the bottle for 6 days now and is slowly carbonating. From memory, last time I made it, it took about 3-4 weeks to get some reasonable carbonation going. 

It was brewed at ambient temperature as I had beer in the ferment fridge. Temps were averaging around 20-22C according to the thermo strip on the FV. 

It's still rather flat but tastes quite good.