Coopers Community

What other hobbies do brewers have??

therealthing691

22 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Great work @BlackSands.  I like the X calories burnt = Y beers to consume approach.  I just need to work on the calorie side of the equation more.

Actually, looking at it in a little more detail:  750ml homebrew is around 300 kcals give or take.   I ran a good 40 minutes yesterday and earned 580kcals (according to Google Fit), so it looks like I really only need to run 45mins to earn myself two bottles worth of reward!  😃

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 6:56 AM, BlackSands said:

I also run a small recording studio at home.  I'm a 'singer'/songwriter, musician, producer and audio engineer.  Have a few regular clients who have recorded a lot of work here over the years and have 14 album releases of my own - and, just like photography, there aint much money in it!  😄   

Hi BS.
Do you have any snippets of your work you're prepared to share on here with your brewing fraternity? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious to have a listen.

• Like 1

Just now, MUZZY said:

Hi BS.
Do you have any snippets of your work you're prepared to share on here with your brewing fraternity? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious to have a listen.

Well, I have a lot!  😎

And a few videos along the way.  Latest ones being:

And this one feature some of my pop-orchestral work and photography:

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

So medium ride the other day.  Be warned, funny story.

sneaky ride along the river to get back to pick my boy up in the way back, tight for time. All up it’s a 19km ride. Nothing special. 

Get 3/4 the way through and minding me own business,

*8*8***8888 Magpie!!!

One swoops and smashes my helmet. I’ve turned around and seen this black and white death assassin turn to face me again. I’ve waved my arms around and am keeping this Angry little douchebag again. He came a little close and made me swipe a little harder and turned out a bollard was the recipient of my front wheel at 25kms an hour.  

I came a cropper. With the bike on top of me this absolute degenerate of life swooped me at least 15 times till I got to my composure. I was swinging to the heavens to smash the thing to pieces. Only made contact once and the dirty Collingwood supporter buggered off a little. 
unfortunately I’m really sore from bruising and bark missing but I will go back and annoy that bird just for sh!ts and gigs. But better prepared. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

What i just built in Lockdown in melbourne should scare the local birds

Now @The Captain!! Cappo - you just need to work out how to attach @therealthing691 TRT's beautiful thing to your helmet mate - and make sure your feet are locked into your pedals so if you rise into the air - you don't lose your pushie... 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I day trade on the stock market.  The ASX mainly, hence no time in last couple of months to get onto the forum as the market has been just superb.  Its one of the main sources of income for me these days.  Well I call it more "Dolphin Trading" as I dive in, swim and surf along a bit then leap out when someone wants to give me more cash for those shares than I just paid for them.

Anyone else trade stocks?

Cheers - AL

• Like 1

I have many hobbies like watching movies, travelling and gardening and my favourite hobby is gardening. I love gardening because it keeps me close to nature. I feel fresh and relaxed when I spent time in my garden cutting the extra edges grass with my Greenworks 16-Inch Corded Electric Lawn Mower watering the plants. I've grown vegetables and plant new flowers. I love gardening because it keeps me close to nature when I get stressed or feel depressed I spent my time in my garden because It gives my mental relaxation and nature is the best meditation. I also encourage my son and other people to do gardening as a hobby.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:08 PM, iBooz2 said:

Anyone else trade stocks?

Did try to improve savings with longer term stuff in past but was shitte....

Might need to consider your approach.... and garner some advice from you in the future Boozer ; )

Edited by Bearded Burbler

• 1 month later...

Wow some great Hobbies amongst you lot  and some expensive ones at that.

My Hobbies  look dull and boring compared to some of you all

MY hobbies other then Homebrewing

Fishing
Golf
IPTV

anyway IPTV is something i have been dabbling with  , which has 1000s of tv channels from all over the world as well as alot of  Video on demand as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...