Coopers Community

What other hobbies do brewers have??

therealthing691

Just now, jennyss said:

I am a keen star watcher - with binoculars only! Getting into telescopes is likely to lead down the rabbit burrow. 

Isn't that always the way with everything, you start looking at a basic set-up & then of course so many others on offer, all better, more bells & whistles & of course more money 🤑

I don't have time for other hobbies these days unless you call walking on the beach, cooking, drinking ( socially of course 🤣 )

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

A race only for horses with three words in their name?

No, there was horses with 1, 2 & 3 word names. It just happened that 3 word names filled the placings.
The trifecta paid over $6K. I got 1st, 3rd & 4th. Wouldn't have paid as much if my horse that ran 4th replaced the second horse but still would have been a nice collect. That's punting though.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Collecting Iron Maiden shirts, think a few are missing in the wash basket. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

‘The bride said I have too many, nah I disagree 🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMG_4958.jpeg

Looks good RD, I mainly collect beer glasses & anything wih a beer logo,  If I didnt have this dedicated bar room,  I don't know where I put put it all, different people have told me I have too much,  but being single I can do what I want. 

20240309_141515.jpg

20240309_141608.jpg

20240309_141541.jpg

20240309_141440.jpg

20240309_141300.jpg

20240309_141241.jpg

20240309_141332.jpg

20240309_140413.jpg

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks good RD, I mainly collect beer glasses & anything wih a beer logo,  If I didnt have this dedicated bar room,  I don't know where I put put it all, different people have told me I have too much,  but being single I can do what I want. 

20240309_141515.jpg

20240309_141608.jpg

20240309_141541.jpg

20240309_141440.jpg

20240309_141300.jpg

20240309_141241.jpg

20240309_141332.jpg

20240309_140413.jpg

Looks great @Classic Brewing Co 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

IMG_4958.jpeg

I was doing the laundry the other day because the wife was away but I was unsure what settings to use on the washing machine so I texted her:
Me: What setting do I use to wash my T-shirts?
Wife: What does it say on the T-shirt?
Me: Iron Maiden.

"Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen. I'm here every Thursday. You must try the veal."🤣

• Haha 7

On 4/26/2022 at 9:11 AM, jennyss said:

I am a keen star watcher - with binoculars only! Getting into telescopes is likely to lead down the rabbit burrow. 

I love all things space and universe. I have a telescope that wasnt too expensive thats good enough to show up the rings of Saturn. When pointed at the moon i can make out mountains and craters in good detail.

• Like 3

I was out this morning @Pale Man from 4-5am, and looked at lots of stars and clusters; and then I saw Venus and a very slim crescent moon right next to each other risen just above the eastern horizon - wow!

• Like 3

On 3/9/2024 at 12:43 PM, Red devil 44 said:

IMG_4958.jpeg

Very nice. I only have three Maiden shirts. One from the 2008 Somewhere Back in Time tour, one from the 2016 Book of Souls tour and SWMBO bought me a plain Iron Maiden short somewhere. Band shirts in general, I have something like 50. Some no longer fit or have been damaged by cleaning agents, including the one famously destroyed by what I suspect was an anti-graffiti wall in Copenhagen. Stripped all the dye out of the right sleeve and the back after leaning against a wall. This seems to be an Alestorm thing as it happened to two of the 4 shirts I have of theirs. I kept buying too many shorts and I am running out of space, so nowadays I only buy tour shirts at concerts. That's fine unless there are two concerts in a week and one is a doubleheader 🙂 I spent 160 bucks on tour shirts just two weeks ago 🙂 Well, there are no concerts in the foreseeable future. The next one planned is next January and I think sometime later this year Abbath is finally coming since their tour was postponed when COVID hit in 2020. I hope there will be the odd one here and there though. Concerts are my stress relief. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Concerts are my stress relief. 

I haven't been to a concert in years @Aussiekraut. Now I just watch concerts on youtube with my headphones on! Maybe the best concert I ever went to was a triple header: Deep Purple, Free, and Manfred Man Earth Band at Randwick Racecourse in 1971 in the afternoon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I haven't been to a concert in years @Aussiekraut. Now I just watch concerts on youtube with my headphones on! Maybe the best concert I ever went to was a triple header: Deep Purple, Free, and Manfred Man Earth Band at Randwick Racecourse in 1971 in the afternoon.

I'd love to have seen Deep Purple back then. Saw them in 85 after the big reunion of the mark II lineup. But back in the day would have been cool. Manfred Mann would have been good to see too. I've been to many concerts in my life but have been going more and more in the last 20 years. When my neck hurts, my ears ring and I'm sweaty as, I know it was a good gig 🙂 Way too old for the mosh pit though 🙂 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I'd love to have seen Deep Purple back then. Saw them in 85 after the big reunion of the mark II lineup. But back in the day would have been cool. Manfred Mann would have been good to see too. I've been to many concerts in my life but have been going more and more in the last 20 years. When my neck hurts, my ears ring and I'm sweaty as, I know it was a good gig 🙂 Way too old for the mosh pit though 🙂 

I saw Deep Purple back in 2013 I think it was, they shared the bill with Journey. 

• Like 1

My other hobby is making gardens & planters, putting signs up for my wife’s succulents 🤣🤣

‘She’s very limited in what she can do after her spinal surgery, so this makes her happy 😊 

Just made a few out of some old pvc pipe I had, she will get some end caps for it and paint it up. (Pink no doubt) 😂😂
The structure it’s attached to is my Pool Filter enclosure, so the plants hide it somewhat. 

IMG_4993.jpeg

IMG_4994.jpeg

IMG_4996.jpeg

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

My other hobby is making gardens & planters, putting signs up for my wife’s succulents 🤣🤣

‘She’s very limited in what she can do after her spinal surgery, so this makes her happy 😊 

Just made a few out of some old pvc pipe I had, she will get some end caps for it and paint it up. (Pink no doubt) 😂😂
The structure it’s attached to is my Pool Filter enclosure, so the plants hide it somewhat. 

IMG_4993.jpeg

IMG_4994.jpeg

IMG_4996.jpeg

Looks really great RD, it pays to keep in the good books. 😉

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

@Red devil 44 , don't forget to use an etch primer on the PVC first.  Paint does not stick or hold on for a long time when used on PVC.