Coopers Community

10 day krausen

PaddyBrew2

krausen is still very noticeable after 10 days . i do recall the dry malt extract kilo was super lumpy so perhaps the yeast are still chewing away at it? Brew is sitting at about 18.5 degrees . its the bavaria IPA from last months ROTM

i dry hopped yesterday but it didnt do much and i also gave a little shake of the fv. havent taken a hydrometer yet as i usually leave it til at least 2 weeks but this is by far the longest ive had krausen. 

any thoughts peeps

11 minutes ago, PB2 said:

Yes, US-05 can hang around for so long that you get a bit nervous.  Give it time, it will drop out - looking like it will never drop one day then gone the next!

...or you can adopt PB2's patented spoon bashing on the side of the FV technique & force that damn stubborn krausen to drop. ?

Still waiting on a visual demo of that in the video section here on the forum Paul. ?

When done at some pace it is a sight to behold. ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

Had the same issue these last two brews since I steeped some Carapils. Thought it was the US05 until the same thing happened with the kit yeast that came with the Coopers IPA kit. But maybe the IPA yeast is similar to US05. Yet to test the SG this time though.

Archived