Coopers Community

1st robobrew batch

I put a Smash ale down yesterday, and found that it took ages to sparge, its the first time I have used the RB so I am not real sure how long  it should take .On the bottom of the malt pipe there are 2 mesh screens 1 is a new addition and is pretty fine I was thinking next brew I might ditch the fine one and see if this improves things has anyone else had this problem or is it normal and I just have to sit and wait.

That’s seems like a long time. I have a Grainfather and a beer like you brewed would only take 20-30 minutes for me to sparge. 

There are RoboBrew Facebook groups that may be able to help you with sparge times and opinions on removal of the fine mesh screen.

Beer Baron

1 hour ago, Beer Baron said:

That’s seems like a long time. I have a Grainfather and a beer like you brewed would only take 20-30 minutes for me to sparge. 

There are RoboBrew Facebook groups that may be able to help you with sparge times and opinions on removal of the fine mesh screen.

Beer Baron

Thanks I recon the screen mesh size is to small when I pulled the grain tube out and checked the screens there was no grain trapped between them

Archived