Coopers Community

Yeast Bank Clean Out..

Wife told me today that I am a yeast hoarder.. Till today I had the following yeasts in my bank

Ale

US-05

BRY-97

WY1272

K-97

Nottingham

S-04

Belle Saison

WY1214

WY1388

M21 Belgian Wit

Lager

WY2042 Danish Lager

WY2000 Budvar Lager

W34/70 Yeast

Mauribrew 497 Lager

The yeasts I got rid of...

BRY-97 - Clean but very very slow off the mark. US-05 better for heavily hopped and 1272 the best for a medium hopped. 

Nottingham - In the middle of a S-04 and a US-05 for me. Does the job ok but nothing exceptional.

M21 Belgian Wit - Tasted OK but far from the hoegaarden yeast.. easy throw away

W34/70 - Used this yeast a few times but really not a patch compared to the urquell or budvar strain.

Maribrew 497 - Used this twice. Clean but wondering how to use it. Hoppy lager my only thought.

What do you guys keep????

Wow Greeny thats alot of strains you have/did have there. What are you storing them in? I only have a few that i keep in rotation

WLP001 Californian Ale

WLP008 East Coast Ale

WLP300 Hefeweizen

WLP566 Belgian Saison II

Coopers Commercial Ale

Danstars London ESB

I only keep three strains at a time because they're stored in quart sized mason jars, and I don't brew enough to use any more strains regularly. 

Currently I have on hand 1272, 1469 and 2000 all at various generations. The 1469 is the oldest at around 12 or 13 gens. 

Cheers

Kelsey

Yeah Greeny,

Thats our of control. I’d probably be looking for a divorce lawyer if I kept that much yeast ha ha ha ha.

I currently only have one saved which is a wyeast 1450. 

Ill be saving a WLP001 from my latest brew but then I’ll try yeast harvesting from starter method after that.

Have a Wyeast 1056 coming next week. 

Captain

Archived