Coopers Community

Same Recipe, Different taste

Beer Baron

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Looks similar to Brisbane water. All the important minerals are there: calcium, chloride, sulphate, magnesium, sodium, and bicarbonate can be worked out from total hardness. It's good brewing water. As it stands it's geared more towards malty beers with the higher chloride than sulphate ratio, however throwing a few grams of gypsum and perhaps some Epsom salts into the brewing water would increase the sulphate and bring out the hops more.

Thanks for having a look!!

I think it’s time to get the suggested book and read up on water anyway and take the next step. Thanks everyone 

Beer Baron

10 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I finally got around to installing my undersink water filter today. It will be interesting to see how the next beer tastes when I get around to brewing it again. 

Beer Baron

I think they are a great option for the household. 

Where did you get your water report?? I’ve been looking around for my local report but got nothing to that detail. 

Cheers

Captain

1 hour ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I think they are a great option for the household. 

Where did you get your water report?? I’ve been looking around for my local report but got nothing to that detail. 

Cheers

Captain

I got my water report from my local councils website. I’m sure you could call up and ask for it too

Archived