Coopers Community

Coopers 62 Pilsner.....

AussieJosh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there was I thinking that 62 is just a number... :lol:

Seriously, though - Not sure what is going on with this one Josh :?

Don't think it's available in SA. Haven't even heard if staff can buy it yet!? :roll:

ME WANT COOPERS 62 PILSNER!!!

I have a friend in NSW who i spoke to today on the phone who said he just tryed it! and a bunch of guys from other states on AHB web site have had it! why cant i find it in SA???

Paul!? Are they testing it on the NSW VB drinkers first!???

It is available here in WA at 1st Choice(300kms away) but can not find it anywhere else.

Surely Coopers would not do a Deal?? With Liquorland,Vintage Cellars,1st Choice(All the same company). (Just different prices!) I hope thats not the case because I want to try it too. Oh but if Liquorland has some that only 100kms away. I'll ring tomorrow!? But I will have to drive past about 15 plus stores to get there.

Josh - good things come to those who wait. :lol: Don't knock yourself out trying to find it in SA - I reckon it may be released in the coming weeks??

I must admit that I am not across the 62 release strategy. As soon as I hear a definite date for release, I'll let you know.

From the Beer Marketing Department:

Coopers 62 Pilsner will be officially released in South Australia on Wednesday 2nd September to trade, with a small official National launch party to be held in Sydney the following week on the 9th September. Following this, the marketing campaigns will be delivered. Tasting notes & images will be uploaded to the Coopers website after these dates plus a dedicated Coopers 62 microsite.

We do acknowledge that the Coles group have advertised the product interstate already.

From the site:

Coopers 62 is based on a classic Bohemian-style Pilsner, with a straw-to-golden colour and dense, rich foam. Hopped, using a combination of traditional Saaz and Hersbrucker varieties, it has a medium-bodied palate and is generously fermented to produce a well-attenuated lager. The hop flavours are perfectly balanced by an all-malt recipe of Australian-grown malted barley to finish with a residual sweetness, typical of this style of beer. The end result is a crisp, full-flavoured taste with a smooth, satisfying finish, brewed just for you.

I think that is only fair that all Coopers Club members receive vouchers that can be redeemed at the bottle shop for taste a sample stubbie!

(or a six-pack if that is easier) :D

Vouchers sound like a great idea but it does seem to be an awful waste of paper. Maybe it would be best just to send us all a 6 pack instead :P

I must say the marketing doesn't really appeal to me but I guess I'm just not one of those "society pages" types it seems to be aimed at. Having said that I would like to give it a try :shock:

Archived