Coopers Community

Pirate Life IPA recipe help (kits and bits)

11 hours ago, Mikes15 said:

So you used 80’gms centennial, 50’gms each of motueka and simcoe, so you DH the remaining 20g centennial & 50’gms each of motueka and simcoe (as you said you had 100g each)?

The Pro mash PDF uses just 45g simco & 40g centennial,

The Pirate's wife uses 35g Columbus, 60g centennial, 60g mosaic, 60g simco,

There some very differing hop bills for 3 different brews trying be beer which was posted at the start as using Centennial, Riwaka, Simcoe.

Any one care to enlighten me on that?

Also, when using so much of your own grain & hops why does it need the Coopers kit, would it not be just a step or 2 away from being able to be done as a full extract? (Sorry Coopers!!)

cant get riwaka in these here parts. motueka  is the next best supposedly.

yip , had 300gms of hops that were all used 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same. How many bottles did u get in the end? Given a carton of 24 cans of this stuff is not much change out of 2 pineapples, if your $85 outlay yields at least the equivalent of 2 cartons then I reckon it's a worthwhile brew.

• 1 month later...

I am just trying to come up with a recipe for an AG version of this and for a keg to become almost empty then this will be brewed. I think it will be an expensive brew but if it gets reasonably close I will be very very happy!!

BB

• 1 month later...

I finally have a draft recipe for my PL IPA all grain clone. 

The plan is to brew it around the 10th of October and this will be my beer for my annual leave in November. 

I really suck at making my own recipes especially with trying to balance out the hops but oh well, I’ll just give it a crack and see how it turns out. 

I might start a seperate thread to get some opinions on my recipe. It has over 500 grams of hops!!!!

BB

Archived